This video would have been funny at one time, But now

Guest trigem

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part is, all of it is true. If everyone paid attention to how much

in taxes they really paid, the would be outraged to the point of stopping it.

Or, at least, should be.

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
Guest mosinon

fantastic ad!

Sadly they didn't cover what to get rid of. Military, medicare or Social security? Cause that is where the dough is going. It's a nice fantasy to imagine that we'd have a balanced budget if it weren't for the welfare cheats but that is pure and utter tripe.

fantastic ad!

Sadly they didn't cover what to get rid of. Military, medicare or Social security? Cause that is where the dough is going. It's a nice fantasy to imagine that we'd have a balanced budget if it weren't for the welfare cheats but that is pure and utter tripe.

Oh, just off top of my head, I think we might make a dent by:

- getting the frig out of the middle east (and staying out). No more ground troops, ever, unless we declare war. Anything short of that can be handled with diplomacy or missiles/bombs

- ending most all foreign bribery (I mean "foreign aid")

- nuking BATF (guns, booze, and tobacco can all take care of themselves within the free market)

- nuking Dept of Education

- instituting the Fair Tax

Fair Tax alone would probably do it, assuming we got rid of all the pork barrel waste and the above items, too.

- OS

Oh, just off top of my head, I think we might make a dent by:

- getting the frig out of the middle east (and staying out). No more ground troops, ever, unless we declare war. Anything short of that can be handled with diplomacy or missiles/bombs

- ending most all foreign bribery (I mean "foreign aid")

- nuking BATF (guns, booze, and tobacco can all take care of themselves within the free market)

- nuking Dept of Education

- instituting the Fair Tax

Fair Tax alone would probably do it, assuming we got rid of all the pork barrel waste and the above items, too.

- OS

+100

Ohshoot for Office

Image putting Ohshoot in the oval office, there would a gun range installed on the back lawn of the white house as his first improvement. Seems every President gets to do something, that could be his.

fantastic ad!

It would take cuts all over. The government should be no different than any other entity on earth - spend no more than you 'make'.

But yah, Medicare and SS need to be on the chopping block, without question.

I personally think that a national consumption tax at 30% would work. If you take the 47% who don't pay any form of taxes and make them pay I think we can easily generate the same amount as what the 53% who are covering everything now is paying. And after it goes into effect it can be used to force the government to change the way it spends the money.

Another good thing about fair tax is that EVERYBODY pays. The biggest thing I like about it and probably the reason it will never happen is it gives the citizens control over the government’s purse strings. If we don't like how our money is getting spent we just stop buying and reduce the government's income.

It would also leave the majority of the IRS agents looking for work. I say transfer the IRS agents to ICE so they can assist the Border Patrol in protecting our borders. Take the current IRS employees, roughly 90,000, plus the 35,000 new hires and use them to protect our borders. We have roughly 7,500 miles of borders between Canada and Mexico. That would give us 16 agents per mile not including current operations protecting our borders. Seems to me that would definitely be enough coverage to protect our borders. Once you have the border secure then start deporting, on a grand scale, those who are here illegally to remove that burden from our society.

Dolomite

Check out this video 58 sec in .

The percentage may be worse for employees, but

1) The businesses pay way more in pure numbers. And when taxes are lower for big business and the wealthy, the government actually brings in way more money.

and

2) If the government was run with anything even resembling fiscal responsibility our taxes would be about half what they are now.

fantastic ad!

That video never stated getting rid of welfare cheats would fix the budget.

Completely ending entitlement spending and getting rid of those that OS mentioned, plus the Fair Tax

probably would, though, and it wouldn't have to be at 30%.

Even if it took several years to implement, we would all be better off, and so would our children.

Take away the governments credit card and get it back to constitutional mandates and the problem

would be easier to fix. If you live in a zero sum mentality, that's exactly where you will stay. Wealth

does get created. Stifling innovation always hurts. Taxes always punish innovation. Punish it less

with lower taxes and less government and our country will thrive.

Guest strelcevina
The percentage may be worse for employees, but

1) The businesses pay way more in pure numbers. And when taxes are lower for big business and the wealthy, the government actually brings in way more money.

and

2) If the government was run with anything even resembling fiscal responsibility our taxes would be about half what they are now.

Thank you for providing me with an EXCUSE why RICH pay LESS % in taxes than hardworking blue colored workers .

Like you needed an excuse? Are you entitled in that sentiment, or are you actually

justified in your thoughts?

If everyone were paying taxes equitably, like a Fair Tax, your entitlement attitude

might go away. Robin Hood version 2 taxation, like what we have now, is the problem

we have. It places one class against the other, unjustly.

Thank you for providing me with an EXCUSE why RICH pay LESS % in taxes than hardworking blue colored workers .

Can you come up with a reasonable "EXCUSE" as to why it's fair that 10% of the U.S. population pays 90% of the taxes? My wife and I fall into that top 10% and it takes us two incomes to get there. Does that sound fair? If you fell in the 45% tax bracket would you think it was fair?

Do a federal sales tax and eliminate income taxes. Those that consume more will pay more by nature. The rich pay more in taxes because they buy more stuff, the poor will pay less because they buy less stuff. It's the perfect way to tax a consumer society.

Guest strelcevina

If rich would be fair and pay same % in taxes ,infrastructure in this country would be much much better .

Just because people here don't see what is happening around a world and ignoring a fact that rich are giving $$$ to other countries instead keeping it here .

Anyway I don't won't to beat a dead horse

To answer your question .

I was justified in my thoughts :poop:

Guest strelcevina
Can you come up with a reasonable "EXCUSE" as to why it's fair that 10% of the U.S. population pays 90% of the taxes? My wife and I fall into that top 10% and it takes us two incomes to get there. Does that sound fair? If you fell in the 45% tax bracket would you think it was fair?

Do a federal sales tax and eliminate income taxes. Those that consume more will pay more by nature. The rich pay more in taxes because they buy more stuff, the poor will pay less because they buy less stuff. It's the perfect way to tax a consumer society.

I fall in to 10% .. and I feel your pain .

So that being said I still believe that is not fair to suck it from poor and give it to rich.

It is new trend to be trillioner. Millions and billions just don't cut anymore .

they got to greedy.

Don't forget greed is good only if you share some.

And who is buying what is irrelevant. Buying is a choice paying taxes is not .

If rich would be fair and pay same % in taxes ,infrastructure in this country would be much much better .

Just because people here don't see what is happening around a world and ignoring a fact that rich are giving $$$ to other countries instead keeping it here .

Anyway I don't won't to beat a dead horse

To answer your question .

I was justified in my thoughts :)

The rich actually pay more in taxes, if you look at the numbers, than the poor, who usually pay NOTHING, after earned income credits, tax refunds, and entitlements. So you are incorrect sir. If it wasnt for the rich, and the taxes they pay, the country would have nothing to spend. Get your facts straight.

Guest strelcevina
The rich actually pay more in taxes, if you look at the numbers, than the poor, who usually pay NOTHING, after earned income credits, tax refunds, and entitlements. So you are incorrect sir. If it wasnt for the rich, and the taxes they pay, the country would have nothing to spend. Get your facts straight.

Ok let me get my fact straight

If it wasn't for US government you would work for a rise and beans as a slave all day .

Or you would be one of handfull slave owners .

Rich use you , they don't give.

Every empire failed because rich got to greedy. And after there wasn't nothing to take from poor , they started to consume them self.

Every empire failed because rich got to greedy. And after there wasn't nothing to take from poor , they started to consume them self.

Name one.

I also find it amusing that the rich, whether it is an individual or corporation, is evil and wrong for providing jobs to people.

Edited by GT_Rat
Guest strelcevina
Name one.

How about British empire . It is relevant to you because rich English man was sucking everything from poor .after that was gone rich English went after rich American ones. And rich American man didn't like that.

Hence war and independence.

The British Empire was a Monarchy (i.e. equivalent to a dictatorship/tyranny) America rebelled against England because they were not fairly represented in government. Read some history.