What are you listening to now?

Marswolf

4 hours ago, Raoul said:

Outstanding! I'm an Axe Victim fan myself.

Oh, as am I... but my first discovery of Bill Nelson's work was "Live in the Air Age"... bought the album right after it came out, because the album-rock station (remember those?) that I listened to in Birmingham had played it in its entirety one evening, and I thought "Wow... this is a bit like prog, a bit like glam, and a bit like jazz... cool!"

From there, I worked my way through the catalog, but the Live album is still probably my favorite, as it has great tunes from most of their studio albums, and the engineering & production is surprisingly good for a live album.

I was already a Roxy Music fan, and BeBop Deluxe was sort of a natural progression from there, only with much cooler guitar work.

Anyway, probably my single most favorite BeBob Deluxe song is from the Axe Victim album...

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Are you a vinyl junkie as well? 

43 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Vrul2Yx.jpg

Panda Bear - Person Pitch 10th Anniversary VMP exclusive pressing.

Yup.  I've always liked vinyl even though it was scarce for quite a few years.  Nice to see it's made a comeback (guess hipsters are good for something after all :biglol: )

Nice turntable :up:  I have a Technics SL-6 with an Ortofon Super OM20 cart and a Philips AF777 with the an original Mark IV cart (new, old stock)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NextExit said:

Yup.  I've always liked vinyl even though it was scarce for quite a few years.  Nice to see it's made a comeback (guess hipsters are good for something after all :biglol: )

Nice turntable :up:  I have a Technics SL-6 with an Ortofon Super OM20 cart and a Philips AF777 with the an original Mark IV cart (new, old stock)

Nice. I'm getting ready to upgrade the cart on mine to an Ortofon 2M Blue. The next big upgrade is going to be a dedicated phono preamp and I know the built in one is really stepping on the sound. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Nice. I'm getting ready to upgrade the cart on mine to an Ortofon 2M Blue. The next big upgrade is going to be a dedicated phono preamp and I know the built in one is really stepping on the sound. 

Currently using an ART DJ Pre II as my receiver (Nakamichi AV-3s) doesn't have a phono input.  Not a bad unit for the money ($40) but I'm looking to upgrade to a tube pre amp like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Little-Bear-Turntable-preamplifier-amplifier/dp/B00H0FIGUO When it comes to sound, I'm a fan of vacuum tube equipment. 

Sorry to hijack this thread.... I could ramble on about audio equipment ^_^

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...