What are you listening to now?

Marswolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Probably not anyone elses speed, but this band has been in my mix pretty heavy lately.

Saw them when they opened for Metallica years ago. They certainly seem to have come into their own. 

3 hours ago, peejman said:

Saw them when they opened for Metallica years ago. They certainly seem to have come into their own. 

Yeah. I bet they were great live.

I had a 3 month trial of Sirius XM with my new (to me) car. Liquid Metal had so many bands I never heard anywhere else. Got me a whole new lineup to listen to. Been years since I was able to stay up on music I like instead of the stuff my wife and kids listen to. According to my wife, my music is not kid friendly. Lol

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Yeah. I bet they were great live.

I had a 3 month trial of Sirius XM with my new (to me) car. Liquid Metal had so many bands I never heard anywhere else. Got me a whole new lineup to listen to. Been years since I was able to stay up on music I like instead of the stuff my wife and kids listen to. According to my wife, my music is not kid friendly. Lol

They were ok. It seemed like their PA wasn't optimized for a space as large as the arena, so it sounded muddy to me. But I remember them and like the song above...  

I've got SiriusXM channels through my Dish service. I run it through my home stereo a lot. I listen mostly to Ozzy's Boneyard just cause I'm old school like that, and the unintelligible screaming from a lot of metal bands doesn't do a thing for me.  

My boys like it pretty well... :) 

i-vtbWnVW-XL.jpg

The younger one (shown) is known to crank the stereo up when something good is playing and run around the house "air" singing emphatically into something roughly microphone shaped. Future front man material? :D

The older one is in a "50's rock and roll" phase.  He loves Elvis, Johnny Cash, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, ...   No complaints from me as I like them too.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peejman said:

They were ok. It seemed like their PA wasn't optimized for a space as large as the arena, so it sounded muddy to me. But I remember them and like the song above...  

I've got SiriusXM channels through my Dish service. I run it through my home stereo a lot. I listen mostly to Ozzy's Boneyard just cause I'm old school like that, and the unintelligible screaming from a lot of metal bands doesn't do a thing for me.  

My boys like it pretty well... :) 

i-vtbWnVW-XL.jpg

The younger one (shown) is known to crank the stereo up when something good is playing and run around the house "air" singing emphatically into something roughly microphone shaped. Future front man material? :D

The older one is in a "50's rock and roll" phase.  He loves Elvis, Johnny Cash, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, ...   No complaints from me as I like them too.  

I could only be so lucky. Both mine like current pop crap. They call my music "Daddy's screaming music" The wife is an 80's pop fan. I gave up years ago playing anything of mine at home outside of headphones. 

Of course if I had ever finished learning guitar I might have a "hobby" clause to exploit. My lessons ended when my teacher (my best friend ) decided he liked my girlfriend better than me. Good times lol. So what guitar do you play?

6 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I could only be so lucky. Both mine like current pop crap. They call my music "Daddy's screaming music" The wife is an 80's pop fan. I gave up years ago playing anything of mine at home outside of headphones. 

Of course if I had ever finished learning guitar I might have a "hobby" clause to exploit. My lessons ended when my teacher (my best friend ) decided he liked my girlfriend better than me. Good times lol. So what guitar do you play?

While I do try to tone it down, mostly for language reasons, I never gave mine much choice about the music.  My house/car, I'll listen to what I want and there'a only so much Veggie Tales I can take.

My wife is/was a country/pop fan but has slowly been assimilated.  She can readily identify a number of bands and only complains when it's really loud. 

My guitar is an Ibanez from the 90's. I'm terrible, but its an outlet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of volunteer/independent/college radio stations and in my opinion WEVL 89.9 out of Memphis is the best in the state.  Saturday night is especially good with blues, soul and hardcore (serious punk hardcore) up until about 11.

Listen here:  http://peace.str3am.com:6030/listen.pls

Another is WNCW 88.7 broadcasting from Isothermal Community College in Spindale, NC.  They used to have a 10 watt booster transmitter in Knoxville that is long gone but that's how I got hooked.

http://wncw.org/listen-live

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2