What are you listening to now?

Marswolf

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I saw them 25 years later.  😝

World's Fair Park in Knoxville? 1996 would have been about right. I can't remember the festival that it was but they were the headliner. IIRC, they played a 45 minute rendition of Tied to the Whipping Post as the encore. Going in I was only a mild fan.... leaving I realized how much those guys kick a$$. Just talented musicians that love what they do. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

World's Fair Park in Knoxville? 1996 would have been about right. I can't remember the festival that it was but they were the headliner. IIRC, they played a 45 minute rendition of Tied to the Whipping Post as the encore. Going in I was only a mild fan.... leaving I realized how much those guys kick a$$. Just talented musicians that love what they do. 

Sounds about right.  There were tons of shows in the '90's at World's Fair Park on the field there.  I was at a lot of them.  Great place for concerts.  Like most other outstanding places for outdoor concerts, the City screwed that up as well.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Sounds about right.  There were tons of shows in the '90's at World's Fair Park on the field there.  I was at a lot of them.  Great place for concerts.  Like most other outstanding places for outdoor concerts, the City screwed that up as well.

Yeah I loved it as well. I wondered if they still did those. About the only thing Knoxville had going for it about concerts. With the entertainment tax they levied, they ran off a lot of good concerts from stopping there. Lollapalooza even did their thing in Newport to avoid that.

I did get to see a lot of stuff in the 90's.  AC/DC, KISS, Ozzy, Blues Traveler, and Type O Negative (opened for Ozzy and at Griffons (maybe) on the strip), Even saw No Doubt because an underage kid I knew wanted to go and his parent's wanted him to be chaperoned. He even bought my ticket. Even went to the Bombay Bicycle Club a bunch to see tribute bands. 

Of course now I am in the Tricities and there is nothing,,, ever, Well that I would listen to. Had to drive to NC just to take my daughter to see KISS last year. I think they killed it when they blocked White Zombie and Marilyn Manson from playing here in the 90's after scheduling it and selling tickets. Trumped up some weird statute because it was "devil music". 

2 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Yeah I loved it as well. I wondered if they still did those. About the only thing Knoxville had going for it about concerts. With the entertainment tax they levied, they ran off a lot of good concerts from stopping there. Lollapalooza even did their thing in Newport to avoid that.

I did get to see a lot of stuff in the 90's.  AC/DC, KISS, Ozzy, Blues Traveler, and Type O Negative (opened for Ozzy and at Griffons (maybe) on the strip), Even saw No Doubt because an underage kid I knew wanted to go and his parent's wanted him to be chaperoned. He even bought my ticket. Even went to the Bombay Bicycle Club a bunch to see tribute bands. 

Of course now I am in the Tricities and there is nothing,,, ever, Well that I would listen to. Had to drive to NC just to take my daughter to see KISS last year. I think they killed it when they blocked White Zombie and Marilyn Manson from playing here in the 90's after scheduling it and selling tickets. Trumped up some weird statute because it was "devil music". 

There's not much in Knoxville anymore. Gotta drive to Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, or Atlanta to see much. I always wondered why no one ever comes here, a big tax would explain that. 

8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

If you’re into heavy music, these cats are phenomenal.  

Good Stuff. Those guys are out of Kentucky.

Have you heard Whitechapel? They are from Knoxville. This is probably the most rotated song of their on XM radio. Warning. The video is not tame... The story in it fits the song name, but not the lyrics in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Good Stuff. Those guys are out of Kentucky.

Have you heard Whitechapel? They are from Knoxville. This is probably the most rotated song of their on XM radio. Warning. The video is not tame... The story in it fits the song name, but not the lyrics in my opinion.

Yep. I’ve heard them before. Didn’t realize they were out of Knox. That’s pretty cool.