What are you listening to now?

Marswolf

• Moderators

I’ve been a fan of this kid for a while now. Zach Bryan is active duty Navy, and doing things independently. No label deal, mostly just releasing his songs as YouTube videos. He writes some of the most personal and heartfelt lyrics. If you’re a fan of country music and worry for its future because Nashville has been putting out trash for a long while. Don’t worry. Country music is still the music of the common men and women who will always show up to tel all of our stories with three chords and the truth. Folks like Zach who just made his Opry debut this past Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I’m a vinyl junkie and have been needing to acquire a good headphone amp for a while. Some of y’all may remember Crimsonaudio, he has a professional ear for this sort of thing and recommended a helluva amazing headphone amp it completely blows me away.

NWfDBnR.jpg

9 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m a vinyl junkie and have been needing to acquire a good headphone amp for a while. Some of y’all may remember Crimsonaudio, he has a professional ear for this sort of thing and recommended a helluva amazing headphone amp it completely blows me away.

NWfDBnR.jpg

So this gizmo takes the output from the turn table and gives you a headphone jack with a couple knobs to tweak the sound?  Nifty. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, peejman said:

So this gizmo takes the output from the turn table and gives you a headphone jack with a couple knobs to tweak the sound?  Nifty. 

Actually, it doesn’t really tweak the sound at all. It provides about as clean of a signal between the record and your headphones as possible. What it does do is allow me to isolate the channels in the mix. As a homeless in or it doesn’t have a lot of utility for me, but for somebody in the studio it’s very valuable.

• Like 1

@ Chucktshoes - Very cool setup.  I used to listen to music mostly on my commute to/from work.  These days I'm home almost all the time and use a cheap set of cordless MPOW headphones that Bluetooth to my phone.  Since my phone is on the house wifi I don't have to worry about data usage, etc.  

Anybody ever listen to Dave Gross?  His genre of music is officially known as "5:00 on Friday Music."

Edited by Wheelgunner
Screwed up the link!
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Wheelgunner said:

@ Chucktshoes - Very cool setup.  I used to listen to music mostly on my commute to/from work.  These days I'm home almost all the time and use a cheap set of cordless MPOW headphones that Bluetooth to my phone.  Since my phone is on the house wifi I don't have to worry about data usage, etc.  

Anybody ever listen to Dave Gross?  His genre of music is officially known as "5:00 on Friday Music."

Thanks. This is a pic of the full setup (minus the speakers (Elac F-6 floor towers). I’ve got around as much in my vinyl as I do my guns. I really need cheaper hobbies. 😂😂

B15zfrC.jpg

Edited by Chucktshoes
7 hours ago, Wheelgunner said:

I don't think I have before...but I will be now. I like it. Good music for bouncing around in my office here at 11:56. It's waking me up!

Blusey and swing notes. Good stuff here!

Well...the more I listen, the more style I hear. Now got some rockabilly in it.

Edited by hipower
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Thanks. This is a pic of the full setup (minus the speakers (Elac F-6 floor towers). I’ve got around as much in my vinyl as I do my guns. I really need cheaper hobbies. 😂😂

B15zfrC.jpg

What's that nice looking turntable? Been thinking I might upgrade mine. Don't ask what it is or how old...too embarrassing to tell.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hipower said:

What's that nice looking turntable? Been thinking I might upgrade mine. Don't ask what it is or how old...too embarrassing to tell.

It’s a Pioneer PLX-1000. It’s essentially a high quality copy of the Technics SL-1200. 

That said, your old table might not be as bad as you think it is. A lot of vintage equipment has aged pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Nemo - Blackjack County Chain was cool - thanks for posting.  If you like that sound, check out Colter Wall and his songs "Kate McCannon" and "The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie."  I'll put them on here in the next couple days. 

OK - couldn't resist - here's Kate McCannon:

Edited by Wheelgunner
Added "Kate McCannon"
  • Like 1

By the way, Nemo, I dig the Jason Dea West tune.  Reminds me of John Denver in a good way and Brandi Carlisle, too.  

I tend to lean a little farther toward the highlonesome sound, so I'll see your "Mountain Air" and raise you some "bitter brew."  I suggest headphones, volume up, and KY bourbon or TN shine in hand.  (Bear with the ambient noise - worth it.)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wheelgunner said:

By the way, Nemo, I dig the Jason Dea West tune.  Reminds me of John Denver in a good way and Brandi Carlisle, too.  

I tend to lean a little farther toward the highlonesome sound, so I'll see your "Mountain Air" and raise you some "bitter brew."  I suggest headphones, volume up, and KY bourbon or TN shine in hand.  (Bear with the ambient noise - worth it.)

WOW! Quite a voice.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2008 at 12:57 AM, SUNTZU said:

Boxcar Willie, Tom T. Hall, Songs of the Civil War, some bagpipe cd's, and as I read and watch about the election, "Eve of Destruction" by Barrie McGuire and "Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds.:lol:

Kurt Cobain

On 4/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, Chucktshoes said:

B15zfrC.jpg

Get a jeep... wait.. Dont get a jeep.

• Haha 1