IWB holster..uncomfortable!

Guest db99wj

Went to dinner at Red Lobster, got the Lobster Bisque, salad, about 3 cheese biscuits, the Ultimate Feast and finished off my kids ice cream.......My CTAC was so uncomfortable afterwards!!!!!:rock:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Went to dinner at Red Lobster, got the Lobster Bisque, salad, about 3 cheese biscuits, the Ultimate Feast and finished off my kids ice cream.......My CTAC was so uncomfortable afterwards!!!!!:D

Laugh all you want but wearing my CTAC out to eat has forced me to adopt "healthier" eating habits. I've learned to order smaller portions and to stop when I first start feeling full.

I call it the 2nd Amendment Diet. :rock:

Laugh all you want but wearing my CTAC out to eat has forced me to adopt "healthier" eating habits. I've learned to order smaller portions and to stop when I first start feeling full.

I call it the 2nd Amendment Diet. :D

I'm definitely going to have to start that but did you see what was in front of me? The ultimate feast, for those that don't know, consists of Shrimp Scampi, Fried Shrimp, Crab Legs and a Lobster tail, oh and you can get fries, bake potato or broccoli, I got the fries....

I don't think it matters, I was going to feel bad (in a i'm so full I could puke kinda way)anyway!:rock:

Guest GlocKingTN

I also went to a nice Chinese place in Corinth, MS tonite as well. I love chinese! So needless to say, I had to be carried out! And I didnt even know my paddle was there.

Concealed means concealed, weapon in it or not I suppose. Glad you had a good supper. I could eat my weight in those cheese biscuits.

I purchased an IWB from this fella:

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

It is pretty comfy, but the wait for it was overly long.

We all do what we need to do, Maybe soon the law will change and we won't be faced with that dilemma.

Yes those biscuits are dangerous!

Guest Archimedes
Doesn't Red Lobster serve alcohol?

Get the feeling he might be a LEO?

My problem with pretty much any law is that they only really restict the law-abiding citizens.

Does a murderer really care if there's a law against murder? ...apparently not.

Do you really think an armed robber really gives a flying eff if there's a law against handguns....anywhere?

It's just like with software and license keys....it only makes it more inconvenient for the legitimate user, not the pirate who gets a thrill from circumventing it.

[/rant]

~Archi

Guest Steelharp

I have a retired LEO that's a friend of mine, we were talking one day about my music gigs, sometimes the places and hours I have, and I know I'm not supposed to have a gun... he said to me, "Mike, I know you're not supposed to have one in those places... but I'm telling you you're crazy if you don't."

Guest Hyaloid

Nope... definitely not an LEO. Just a law abiding citizen (even when I disagree with the asinine laws). I just do what I think is right, much as everyone else does what they think is appropriate.

Didn't mean to hijack your dinner thread. I am glad that you enjoyed your supper.

Let's see, I have the option of "illegally" carrying my firearm into an establishment that serves alcohol even though I am not going to have any, or leaving it in my car where it could be stolen by some punk and then used on me as I leave the restaurant. I usually just avoid restaurants that serve alcohol even though I really enjoy some of them.

Guest GlocKingTN
I usually just avoid restaurants that serve alcohol even though I really enjoy some of them.

So do I. I would rather protect my life and the lives of my family instead of going into a place that sells alcohol. I will just have to stick to McDonalds I guess:D

I never admitted or denied, only mentioned my holster.

That part of the law is stupid, and hopefully things will change.

I had a coke, actually 2, I swear, that was it.

Are you sure about that?:)

I swear, I only had 2!

I gave up regular coke for Diet Coke, or Coke Zero about a year ago. The only time I have regular coke is when I am out to lunch or dinner and they have fountain drinks, the diet coke in those, I can't stand so I will have tea or regular coke. It is like a dessert for me. I do get a buzz from it:D

• Administrator
Nope... definitely not an LEO. Just a law abiding citizen (even when I disagree with the asinine laws). I just do what I think is right, much as everyone else does what they think is appropriate.

Didn't mean to hijack your dinner thread. I am glad that you enjoyed your supper.

I don't think any apology for thread hijacking is necessary. This is a very communicative group of folks and we all enjoy engaging in conversation of the issues near and dear to us. This is a fine example of how a thread can meander it's way into topics that might not have been originally envisioned by the thread's author, but are relevant and welcome none the less.

:)

PS: I too believe in "concealed means concealed" :up:

• Administrator

That part of the law is stupid, and hopefully things will change.

I had a coke, actually 2, I swear, that was it.

I think it's very fortuitous that we can carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for off-premise consumption, but in comparison it is absolutely ludicrous that we can't carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol even if we aren't personally partaking. :)

I realize that the "wisdom" of our legislators was to prevent me from carrying into a place where I might (but wouldn't) have a drink while armed, or be confronted by some drunk good ole' boy who wanted to throw a few punches and summarily ventilate him with my sidearm. But the law is very shortsighted and needs to be amended... badly!!!

So many other states allow carry into a restaurant where 51% or more of their revenue comes from non-alcohol sales. Tennessee is seriously behind the curve on this. :up: