Looking at a xd 9mm for first time CC any suggestions?

Guest xd9sc

I recently took the class and got my hcp, I'm ready to start carrying. Currently I own a DOA S&W 9mm but i'm not completely comfortable carrying it yet, No safety...kinda heavy. I've been looking at a Springfield XD 9mm sub compact, I like the grip safety and USA trigger and would love to hear from some people that carry one. Since I have'nt purchased it yet I'm open to other suggestions too. Thanks in advance for your suggestions

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely going to buy one, just may not be the next gun i purchase if I don't plan on carrying it full time. how do you like that TT?

Love it, and that's really saying something since I went from a Bullard Dual Carry first, which was also quite a holster.

Regrettably, I've had to drop back to a Kahr in the pocket some lately, because of a NPE where I have to change clothes.

- OS

I'm a fan of the xdsc, but have you checked out the Ruger Sr9c? Really has a great feel to it, and the trigger is awesome.

Have not shot one of those yet, anywhere in nashville that you can rent one?

I'm with OS on this one, the subbie is my favorite......the first pix is with a little customizing, the second is with my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. I highly recommend both these to anyone.......plus, the XD9 4" service model will fit this holster as well.

th_XD9SC002.jpg

th_XD9SC001.jpg

Edited by ftncityfatboy
Currently I own a DOA S&W 9mm but i'm not completely comfortable carrying it yet, No safey

The XD doesn't have a safety either and unlike the DAO trigger of the Smith, the XD has what I would describe as a trigger pull similar to a single action.

The XD doesn't have a safety either and unlike the DAO trigger of the Smith, the XD has what I would describe as a trigger pull similar to a single action.

the xd's have the grip safety so unless unless that plus the trigger safety are both engaged then no bangy. I would say technically the xd does have a safety, just not like a 1911......JMO

buds has the XD9SC Essential Package for $445 shipped. Get it transferred at D&T Arms ($10 transfer + $10 TICS) and you are looking at $465 TOTAL for a brand new XD9SC ...

Essential Package has no xd gear ... but then again, not sure anyone actually uses the XD gear. Gun + Box + Mags is all ya need.

Springfield 9mm 3" SUBCMPT ESSENTIAL $445.00 SHIPS FREE

Guest tngw1500se

It's a little hard to hide in the summer but it's the best gun BY FAR I've ever owned. Most of the time I just stick it in a blackhawk holster and let the world see it. Nobody cares. I have a 3AT if I want to hide a gun on me but that's really never needed.

Guest ForPointSix
Maybe consider the M&Ps as well.

I have a M&P 9c and it is a great EDC gun!! Every so often I will carry a LCR, but that is very very rare. The M&P 9c is with me 99% of the time when I am out of the house!!

I'm a fan of the xdsc, but have you checked out the Ruger Sr9c? Really has a great feel to it, and the trigger is awesome.

I also have the SR9c, and am a little disappointed. Unlike my M&P 9c, the SR9c will NOT feed hollowpoints. Also the SR9c has a ambi mag release that makes finding IWB holsters almost impossible, unless you order online. To some that may not be a problem but I like to see what I am buying before I put my $ out there.