The Walking Dead.

I'm guessing from the length of Rick's beard when he came to, that it was a matter of days from when the hospital was overrun and when Rick awoke from his coma.

The only thing is that the landscape (dilapidated houses, overgrown vegetation and such) seemed to indicate that it was much longer than that.

The only thing is that the landscape (dilapidated houses, overgrown vegetation and such) seemed to indicate that it was much longer than that.

Yep, I had forgotten about that. Based on the landscape, Rick should have looked like a thin Grizzly Adams when we awoke.

So either 1) the vegetation grew at exaggerated rates, 2) Rick somehow shaved himself while in a coma, or 3) the producers messed up...

Yep, I had forgotten about that. Based on the landscape, Rick should have looked like a thin Grizzly Adams when we awoke.

So either 1) the vegetation grew at exaggerated rates, 2) Rick somehow shaved himself while in a coma, or 3) the producers messed up...

Even though he was in the hospital, He could've been in there a long time before the outbreak started, right? I mean i'm sure they had him on an IV with needed suppliments, right? And couldn't the people at the hospital shaved him and kept him somewhat healthy while he was in the coma? May have been in there a good long while, but only week a couple weeks or so after the outbreak?

Couldn't have been that long after the outbreak started. Remember, the power went out while Shane was trying to get Rick out which would have been the start of the outbreak. Even if his IV kept dripping without the machine working, that bag couldn't have lasted past the end of that day. Rick probably wouldn't have survived very long without taking in any fluids, even in a completely immobile state, so it couldn't have been more than a few days after the outbreak started. Unless, of course, the writers didn't think of that.

The power going out in the hospital just means the generators finally died, doesn't mean the power grid failed. They could have been off the grid for several days. The Dr. at the CDC said something like a few months from initial outbreak to the last episode. If you figure by the time Shane was trying to get Rick out of the hospital things were already pretty bad a few weeks of grass growth is not all that far fetched. I doubt even Hank Hill is dedicated enough to his lawn to mow it in a zombie outbreak.

I doubt even Hank Hill is dedicated enough to his lawn to mow it in a zombie outbreak.

I disagree... Hank wouldn't let a small thing like walking dead, much less a complete breakdown of society keep him from cutting his grass. Much less selling propane. It is what make "Hank"... "Hank". :stick:

I disagree... Hank wouldn't let a small thing like walking dead, much less a complete breakdown of society keep him from cutting his grass. Much less selling propane. It is what make "Hank"... "Hank". :eek:

Exactly! He could just run them over with his mower, I tell ya what..... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I went looking through all the online stuff about the comic and I don't see how they can keep following that story line at all. I'm not giving any spoilers, but it would probably be too brutal to keep a mass audience.

I can't freaking wait until fall. Gotta have a fix before then.

• 11 years later...
On 10/29/2010 at 8:53 AM, Paletiger13 said:

The walking dead premiers this weekend.

On 12/6/2010 at 7:21 PM, Bubbatn said:

Just watched the last episode from last night(via DVR). I didn't really know what to expect, but it wasn't what I expected. Now i'm gonna be chompin' at the bit until next season!

And 12 years and 11 seasons later, it ends ...

On 12/30/2010 at 1:34 PM, Guest soe said:

I went looking through all the online stuff about the comic and I don't see how they can keep following that story line at all. I'm not giving any spoilers, but it would probably be too brutal to keep a mass audience.

I can't freaking wait until fall. Gotta have a fix before then.

This one proved to be somewhat prescient, but the deviations from the story ultimately seemed to be more about who left the show over time.  Full disclosure, I never read any of the comics ...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, No_0ne said:

And 12 years and 11 seasons later, it ends ...

This one proved to be somewhat prescient, but the deviations from the story ultimately seemed to be more about who left the show over time.  Full disclosure, I never read any of the comics ...

I commend those that made it through every episode. Once it showed signs of a "lost" type series i tapped out. 

It had its good moments and its bad.  I quit watching it twice but came back both times.  The last season was an improvement over the previous couple, but the final episode was only fair, I thought.  I kept wanting Maggie to hang Negan, but never got to see that.  🙂

Cheers,

Whisper