The Walking Dead.

The "How many ways can you kill zombies this week" show would get really boring after 2 or 3 episodes. The occasional character development episode is to be expected.

The "How many ways can you kill zombies this week" show would get really boring after 2 or 3 episodes. The occasional character development episode is to be expected.

Exactly. Personally I like the characters and the little build ups. I think they are doing a good job of building the stress that'd you'd find yourself experiencing in that situation. I'm a big psychology person so seeing what they have the characters do is intriguing to me. For example, I like Shane the most so far. He's a fallible character and I like that. Rick is cool, but he's too John Wayne. Too goody goody.

• Administrator
I'm a big psychology person so seeing what they have the characters do is intriguing to me. For example, I like Shane the most so far. He's a fallible character and I like that. Rick is cool, but he's too John Wayne. Too goody goody.

And here's a thought: They are turning the most tactically savvy person in the series (Shane) into a douchebag for porking Rick's wife and misleading her to believe that Rick was dead in order to commit said porking. Why does the person most well equipped to survive a zombie outbreak, the guy who understands things like keeping campfires burning low or not making a ton of noise, have to be the douche?

And here's a thought: They are turning the most tactically savvy person in the series (Shane) into a douchebag for porking Rick's wife and misleading her to believe that Rick was dead in order to commit said porking. Why does the person most well equipped to survive a zombie outbreak, the guy who understands things like keeping campfires burning low or not making a ton of noise, have to be the douche?

See I don't think he's that much of a douche. I think he probably figured Rick was screwed and he decided to take care of Lori and Carl. The biggest douche to me is Lori. She didn't HAVE to pork Shane, but she chose to, then took her crap decision out on him. Im still gonna root for him. Especially after that ass whooping he handed mr wife beater.

• Moderators
I didn't get when Darryl was asking where his brother was and Lori tells him Rick will show you then 5 minutes later she's asking him why he needs to go and leave...
Even though she knows her husband and what he was going to do, it didn't mean she had to like it or that she wouldn't try and convince him not to go.

As far as Shane and the beating he handed Ed (Thanks Pun) that was solely predicated on the reappearance of Rick and the confrontation he just had with Lori. It didn't have a whole lot to do with the right and wrong of Ed beating his wife, but on Rick leaving behind his wife & family to rescue Darryl juxtaposed against Shane not being able to possess that same woman & family he desires. When Shane interceded, Ed just provided him an outlet for the anger he felt at Rick for not valuing Lori and Carl over everything else, including what he felt was right. And Lori's rejection of him for lying to her in an attempt to provide and protect her over what is right. That beating is foreshadowing the violence he wishes upon, and will eventually direct towards Rick.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Moderators

I actually think that is a bit of writing that shows true life fairly accurately. His tactical knowledge is represents his ability to survive. In a PAW, moral absolutists will likely have a lower chance of survival over those with the moral elasticity to do what's necessary. Rick is a moral absolutist and though he is the hero in this tale, his actions are continually putting people in danger or risking his family to do what is morally right. Shane won't do that. He has that ability to self justify doing whatever is necessary to survive, or to acquire what he desires (Lori & Carl).

Ok so help me out on this one...The "redneck" guy handcuffed on the roof cuts his hand off to get out a said cuffs, but the door has been locked from the inside? Where did he go? Also, I noticed that while he was on the roof, the Zs were trying to get on the roof. When help arrived there were no zombies so did they just leave with him? I'm sure it will be answered within the next couple of weeks but I was just trying to figure it out.

Even though she knows her husband and what he was going to do, it didn't mean she had to like it or that she wouldn't try and convince him not to go.

As far as Shane and the beating he handed Dale (?) that was solely predicated on the reappearance of Rick and the confrontation he just had with Lori. It didn't have a whole lot to do with the right and wrong of Dale beating his wife, but on Rick leaving behind his wife & family to rescue Darryl juxtaposed against Shane not being able to possess that same woman & family he desires. When Shane interceded, Dale just provided him an outlet for the anger he felt at Rick for not valuing Lori and Carl over everything else, including what he felt was right. And Lori's rejection of him for lying to her in an attempt to provide and protect her over what is right. That beating is foreshadowing the violence he wishes upon, and will eventually direct towards Rick.

Ed I believe. Dale is the guy with the "on golden pond" hat lol

I don't know which way they will take Shane. I agree with you 100% on this post and the other about Shane and Rick's morals. I think Shane was definitely reacting to everything that went on, but I truly wonder how much he will take out on Rick. He seemed like he wanted to just square things away between him and Lori, but she had to go all psycho bitch on him.

Edited by Punisher84
Ok so help me out on this one...The "redneck" guy handcuffed on the roof cuts his hand off to get out a said cuffs, but the door has been locked from the inside? Where did he go? Also, I noticed that while he was on the roof, the Zs were trying to get on the roof. When help arrived there were no zombies so did they just leave with him? I'm sure it will be answered within the next couple of weeks but I was just trying to figure it out.

Not sure where he went, but I assume not far. My thinking on him "seeing" the zombies was that he was hallucinating. The chain was pushed up against the door tight and there were no zombies in the stairwell. I think he was suffering from exposure, hallucinated, flipped out, sawed off his hand, and from there I have no idea.

You guys are killing me with this "soap opera" bull****. Its a SERIES not a movie and the comics specifically focus more on the human aspect of survival. Did you really think it was going to be a whole series of Kentucky cop kills the undead??? Wouldn't you be trying to stay AWAY from the zombies as much as possible? The zombies are a plot device, that's it.

Exactly.

I have been having a ton of fun with this series, and want to get into this thread and comment more, but because I'm already in another 2 threads on other forums, I've been laxed in posting. I love this show, honestly. BigThree networks take note - Two and a Half Men, Dancing with the Stars, or any of the other crap that you all show is just pathetic...

Guest Lester Weevils

How long a series can they run before they run out of comic books in the series to copy? I haven't read the comics, but perhaps an explanation why the show is pretty good so far is that they are pretty accurately copying the books.

My complaint with so many movies based on books, is that they do not closely follow the books. They let idiot screenwriters completely ruin perfectly acceptable books. This may be one of the first times that a show has actually closely followed an original book.

Just sayin, if the books only cover enough material for two seasons, then season 3 will really suck if screenwriters have to take over the writing. It will turn into Gilligan's Zombies.

Or maybe they can just hire the original author.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest RevScottie

Was it my imagination or did Darryl's deer have multiple bolts sticking out of it? Does he have some sort of semi auto cross bow? Had he just left the deer or couldn't track it and decided to go squirrel hunting instead?