Zombie Books

DAdams

Since there are only so many zombie movies to watch and then no more zombie fun until the next and who knows when that will be I have resorted to zombie books. Of course you can search Amazon and many are found under sci-fi and EOTW categories.

Great reads:

Day by Day Armageddon and the sequel, Beyond Exile

J.L. Bourne

There is a third due out some day. J.L. Bourne is a busy man.

Here is his website.

Welcome to J.L. Bourne.com!

J.L. Bourne is an active duty military officer and currently resides in the Washington D.C. area. He has completed numerous tours in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, logging more than sixty combat missions over Iraq, earning three Air Medal Strike/Flight awards. Despite the ongoing war efforts, he somehow finds the time to put pen to paper in order to bring to you the fall of humanity in the Day by Day Armageddon universe.

I just finished:

Tooth and Nail

Craig Dilouie

Zombie apocalypse from a military action viewpoint, trapped in Manhattan.

Just Started:

Infected

Scott Sigler

Next in the cue:

another Scott Sigler

Apparently one of the masters:

Tim Curran

Biohazard and Resurrection

Some of the stuff goes over the top (is that possible); so if you like your Zombie Action rank and in pulp fiction style look around Amazon and read some of the gore fest reviews if you just need the stench and disembowelment up close and personal. ;)

Zombie Bookstore

All things Zombie and EOTW.

http://astore.amazon.com/dbda_store-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=2

Edited by DAdams

At the top of my personal list is The Morningstar Saga books, both Plague of the Dead and Thunder and Ashes by Z.A. Recht. Both were really enjoyable, and the third book, Survivors, is still in the works

One I'm reading now is Season of Rot by Eric S. Brown. Five novellas about EOTW and zombies.

Brian Keene made a great impression on me with The Rising, but the sequel, City of the Dead, left me with something to desire.

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry is in my top ten of zombie books. Great depth, storyline, and the character development was fantastic.

I'll be back with more.

I'm still reading Patient Zero. For some reason I'm having a hard time getting through it.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of free time, so I was lost in some parts. I tried reading the Dragon Factory by him aswell, and I just need to take some vacation time and read it.

OK these books are all nice.............but fiction. A must read is "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" by Max Brooks and published by Three Rivers Press, 2003. Everything from wepaons and techniques to survival on the run. Also has a history of "attacks" dating from 60,000 BC (not a typo) to 2002.

Find it. Buy it. Read it. Live it.

Guest tantrum

I just finished Day by Day Armageddon and currently reading Beyond Exile. I got them both on my Kindle and they are very good reads! Highly recommend. However I will have to agree with dpdow1. The Zombie Survival Guide is by far one of the best in the genera I have come across so far. It actually has some really good survival information in it. The sequel World War Z is really good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
OK these books are all nice.............but fiction. A must read is "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" by Max Brooks and published by Three Rivers Press, 2003. Everything from wepaons and techniques to survival on the run. Also has a history of "attacks" dating from 60,000 BC (not a typo) to 2002.

I am glad someone mentioned this, I thought it would have been on the top of the list. When reading the thread about what your weapon would be, and people mention fuel bombs and flame throwers I am sitting there thinking (a zombie walking around on fire is sometimes more dangerous than just the zombie by itself). Oh, and bicycles for transportation - not cars!

• 2 weeks later...
I really enjoyed the Bourne books. You should also give World War Z by Max Brooks (son of Mel) a try. It's a good read and is supposedly being made into a movie.

I fully read Zombie Survival Guide, I am pages from finishing Recorded Attacks which is really just in my opinion a companion to Zombie Survival Guide. Really pictures to go with some of the same stories. Then I will be starting World War Z. I would like to say I will finish it in the next couple weeks, all depends on how busy I am at work, with our yearly reviews starting. I have also heard about the coming movie, joked with my wife to get me cast in the movie as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Victor9er

I really enjoyed the Bourne books. You should also give World War Z by Max Brooks (son of Mel) a try. It's a good read and is supposedly being made into a movie.

I've heard good things about it, and word is that a movie is in the works... starring Brad Pitt.

It's a good read, though there are several things he lists that I don't agree with.

• 10 months later...
The Remaining
http://www.amazon.com/The-Remaining-ebook/dp/B0070B0JW6

Darn good zombie read.

In a steel-and-lead-encased bunker 20 feet below the basement level of his house, a soldier waits for his final orders. On the surface, a plague ravages the planet, infecting over 90% of the populace. The bacterium burrows through the brain, destroying all signs of humanity and leaving behind little more than base, prehistoric instincts. The infected turn into hyper-aggressive predators, with an insatiable desire to kill and feed. Some day soon, the soldier will have to open the hatch to his bunker, and step out into this new wasteland, to complete his mission: SUBVENIRE REFECTUS. Edited by DAdams
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll try to give this thread a little homegrown Tennessee boost.  My Ebook just came out, and so far it's been very well received. Follow the link below and read the comments..., if you like what you see, it's available on Amazon & Barnes & Noble. :usa:

http://fadetogrey.weebly.com/

bookcover.jpg

Not gonna lie, that picture is creepy but more in a Silence of the Lambs kind of way.

06.jpg

I really enjoyed The Return Man by V. M. Zito - protaganist is kind of a 'bounty hunter' who tracks down zombies in the western half of the US for relatives and friends who have made it to the "Safe Zone" in the eastern US.  Interesting characters, lots of pretty believable situations, and enough action to make it a great read.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Man-ebook/dp/B006MV7I6U

I just finished the Mountain Man series.
Good stuff. I now talk to The Captain too.

Augustus Berry lives a day-to-day existence comprised of waking up, getting drunk, and preparing for the inevitable day when "they" will come up the side of his mountain and penetrate his fortress. Living on the outskirts of a city and scavenging for whatever supplies remain after civilization died two years ago, Gus knows that every time he goes down into undead suburbia could be his last.

Contains graphic language and scenes of violence.

The Complete Series Order:

Book 1: Mountain Man
Book 2: Safari
Book 3: Hellifax

Also :

The
Hospital (a single short story, also part of the collection "Cauldron
Gristle." This story happens six months before the events of "Mountain
Man." )

"Mountain Man" has been optioned for film.
Guest Wesley33

I thoroughly enjoyed the Zombie Fallout Series. Some of the books in the middle of the series were a little slow, but still interesting enough to keep going. The 7th book should be coming out soon.