The fun starts on page 13

backj2

He is ignorant, but the road trip was funny.

Just who actually did that? It was good.

Actually, he could have spent a long time staying instate, duplicating the Belle Meade army/navy pistol thing; there are a lot of towns with that same ordinance in TN.

- OS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe by doing what he did he could be arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

(a) A person commits an offense who, in a public place and with intent to cause public annoyance or alarm:

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent or threatening behavior;

(2) Refuses to obey an official order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, hazard or other emergency; or

(3) Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that serves no legitimate purpose.

(B) A person also violates this section who makes unreasonable noise that prevents others from carrying on lawful activities.

© A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1.]

I would think that carrying a pistol, regardless of type, in your hand as you walk around in public would meet the criteria for threatening behavior. Other than that he didn't break the law but I think he is an idiot for what he did.

In reading all his posts he doesn't realize or doesn't care that his actions make make all gun owners look like idiots. I think he went into this thinking he was going to prove a point but now sees it as a possible paycheck. Problem is regardless of the outcome all of us are going to pay for his antics with our tax money. Even if he doesn't win the costs involved in taking it to court are astronomical.

Dolomite

Whether he did anything illegal or not, If Florida is handing out carry permits to people that have had theirs revoked in another state they are putting their reciprocity in danger.

If this gets out the Brady Bunch will be all over it.

This nut case seems to seek out any crack in the system; even if it’s in another state.

Problem is regardless of the outcome all of us are going to pay for his antics with our tax money. Even if he doesn't win the costs involved in taking it to court are astronomical.

Dolomite

The costs for his case won’t be high. The state has already recognized him as a nut case and stripped him of his HCP. The only action he has left is his threat to sue the Officers that stopped him. That won’t go anywhere if it even makes it to court.

He mentioned in the other post that he would take it to the state supreme court. Even if he is an idiot and everything is unfounded it will still cost us money and any amount of money spent on this is wated money in my eyes. I wish states could deport people like countries can. Deport this idiot to another state, perhaps California, where he will get really butt sore over his gun rights if he thinks Tennessee is all that bad.

Dolomite

He didn't get a non-resident. There doesn't seem to BE a non-resident, so dunno where you heard that. Did there used to be one?

Anyone can get a FL permit, you don't have to be a resident of FL, or even ever go there.

All info, including application, here:

Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

I read through everything, saw no provision about your statement, just the usual stuff, pretty much the same as TN permit, except no FL residency required, period.

You can do the entire thing by mail, just as he did, if you have a "proof of competency" you can send (whole bunch of options). He used military DD Form 214.

What I mean is, sure, HE is a non-resident, but the permit seems to be the same for everyone.

Btw, you realize he can't carry with it in TN, right?

Although he can in any number of other states.

And if he moved to another state, he COULD use it to carry in TN.

The wacky world of weapons law.

- OS

Florida Non-Resident Permit | Defensive Handgun Training

They still have a Non resident permit, at least they did I let mine lapse 2 years ago, I kept it just because Florida use to have more reciprocity states than Tennessee and when I applied for mine it specifically asked if my home state ever revoked my permit, if this has changed i am un sure

Edited by willis68
The costs for his case won’t be high. The state has already recognized him as a nut case and stripped him of his HCP. The only action he has left is his threat to sue the Officers that stopped him. That won’t go anywhere if it even makes it to court.

I never thought he had a chance of winning any of his BS cases. I agree that the Lenny show has about fizzled out. With that said, who knows what this idiot will dream up in the future. Lenny has been consistent about one thing... he will push an issue as far as he can, and it doesn't seem to matter how much time and effort is required.

Florida Non-Resident Permit | Defensive Handgun Training

They still have a Non resident permit, at least they did I let mine lapse 2 years ago, I kept it just because Florida use to have more reciprocity states than Tennessee and when I applied for mine it specifically asked if my home state ever revoked my permit, if this has changed i am un sure

Must be outdated info. Can't find any mention of "non resident" on the state site and this of course is from a training company.

Or again, may just refer to one's not being a FL resident, even though there's no requirement to be so; no difference in type or cost mentioned in the instructions and qualifications on state site.

Does yours say "non resident" on it or simply have your correct address?

- OS

I thought it was like a drivers license, if yours is revoked in (whatever state) you can't get one in another(or you are not supposed to be able to anyway).

Who would legislate that? Where would the database be, since there are no federal laws about weapons carry permits?

It would have to be handled state by state, and certainly TN and FL have no rules mentioning that.

- OS

Who would legislate that? Where would the database be, since there are no federal laws about weapons carry permits?

It would have to be handled state by state, and certainly TN and FL have no rules mentioning that.

- OS

There probably isn't a database, since his was granted. It's easy enough to see if there's something in place. An email to the Williamson County Sherif's office is a good start. I'll bet they can find the revoke button if there is one.

Somehow, he still holds sway on the Open Carry forum.

- OS

Those folks at the Open Carry forum have a year long wait in line to kiss his butt. And God forbid you speak out in opposition to The Enlightened One. Every Internet commando/mall ninja on that board will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on paper plate in a snowstorm.

Those folks at the Open Carry forum have a year long wait in line to kiss his butt. And God forbid you speak out in opposition to The Enlightened One. Every Internet commando/mall ninja on that board will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on paper plate in a snowstorm.

Hmm...I see less than 50-50 support for him there, once folks get the facts.

By the way, I think he had a damn good case for some sort of rights violation, or something, until he canceled his TNDOS appeal hearing and went on this kick of lawsuit based on TN constitutionality of the HCP itself. Especially if he'd ever hired a decent lawyer instead of trying to do all this on the cheap.

- OS

Eh.... Lenny isn't interested in winning any case or cases. And as he's stated, he's not interested in anybody's rights. He just wants to stay in the spotlight and be the center of attention for as long as possible.

As for who to call... I'm thinking a good psychotherapist of some kind would be a good choice. Past that, I'm not sure anybody else can ( or wants to ) do anything with him.

Guest mustangdave

You know...I wasn't part of TGO when all this KWIK swill started...but what I've gleaned from reading the threads that involve him and his "crusade" for our rights, is this...its not so much about the right to carry as it is about KWIK...he wants the attention for some strange reason...you know, his 15 minutes of fame. I find all the attention he gets somewhat amusing...the man has a martyr complex...thankfully no one has "taken him out"...he should just be ignored...but you can't help but watch the crazy side show.

Eh.... Lenny isn't interested in winning any case or cases. And as he's stated, he's not interested in anybody's rights. He just wants to stay in the spotlight and be the center of attention for as long as possible.

As for who to call... I'm thinking a good psychotherapist of some kind would be a good choice. Past that, I'm not sure anybody else can ( or wants to ) do anything with him.

I think we should call Guido and let him handle Lenny. :tinfoil:

• 2 weeks later...

And now he is banned off of Open Carry, as well, for Trolling... (He trolled Skidmark, a member there wrongfully detained and charged, who is fighting a legal battle in VA.)

I think one does need to look into the aspect of whether or not Kwik is allowed to have the Florida Permit. IF he is not supposed to have the Permit, Florida needs to be advised.

His actions IMHO, are not of a stable mind...

And now he is banned off of Open Carry, as well, for Trolling... (He trolled Skidmark, a member there wrongfully detained and charged, who is fighting a legal battle in VA.) ....

That was about the last major forum outlet he had left ... I actually miss the entertainment value now, since the TN part of that site is generally pretty dormant.

- OS

I think one does need to look into the aspect of whether or not Kwik is allowed to have the Florida Permit. IF he is not supposed to have the Permit, Florida needs to be advised.

His actions IMHO, are not of a stable mind...

Like I said earlier, an email to the Williamson county SO would probably get the ball rolling on that.