Tri-Cities Gun Ranges?

Lumber_Jack

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kettlefoot is in Bristol, Unaka Rod and Gun Club in Johnson City, And if they have things finished Shooters Edge in Piney Flats has or will have an indoor range.

Kettlefoot is nice but I have been treated rudely there. My father in law is a member and the joint is a little snooty for my taste. Plus I almost got shot there by some dummy with a hangfire. It is also 100 bones more a year to join IF you can find a sponsor. But it is a very nice well managed range. Cherokee is more a good ole boy range but it is very nice also.

Edited by Krull

Be very careful (eyes in the back of the head) at the TWRA ranges !!!! Especially the one up Limestove cove !!!! There's alot of people who, go over there an just shoot, they don't care where anyone else is !!!!

Guest 73challenger

I'm thinking about joining tac2 after the beginning of the year. I have shot at Gray Kennel once. It was ok not very nice but better than nothing. It was very...homemade? It's $10 a visit. Shooters Edge is going to be VERY VERY nice. However, It's price reflects that I'm afraid.

yeah if the shooters edge website is accurate, I wont be going there. $15 for 30 min and $20 for 60min is just rediculous. $20 for 2 or 3 hrs I would go for but 30 min is barely enough time to get settled and empty a couple mags!

Edited by Lumber_Jack

I stopped in and got a tour of shoters edge Last week. They are scheduled to open around the first of the year. The above posted prices are correct. It was by far the nicest indoor range I have ever seen and I have been in a few all over the country. With that being said, nice and fancy comes with a high price tag. I would be happy to go if someone wants to sign up and take me as a guest. I can not force myself to pay when I know so many folks around who own farms. Throwing hay bales once or twice a year is good for free range time for the next week or two at minimum.

yeah I only need a good ventilation system and air conditioning. If you make it so fancy no one wants to pay, then I think your buisness model might be a little off. Now if I were Law Enforcement or private security and needed to shoot a lot, then maybe. The year membership is $350!!!

Guest 73challenger

I would pay $30 a month but it's hard to pay for the whole year at once. Especially when you are in college. I don't want to be cooped up indoors in the summer either. I wish it was like pointblank was. There you paid a certain amount to be a member for the year then paid a smaller amount each time.

I would pay $30 a month but it's hard to pay for the whole year at once. Especially when you are in college. I don't want to be cooped up indoors in the summer either. I wish it was like pointblank was. There you paid a certain amount to be a member for the year then paid a smaller amount each time.

i loved point blank when i was at ETSU --- dont know what happened there -- one day they were open then the next day gone...

Quick hijack: Thanks for posting that link to Tac2. I'd not heard of that place.

We're moving to JC over the summer most likely and I'm thrilled about the number of gun clubs there are. We've got one in Memphis, and it's $640 you're first year and $240 a year after that. I just can't justify swinging that kind of $. I mean, for almost the same money a year you could join Unaka, Tac2 and Cherokee and still not have the $400 initiation fee.

Shooters Edge is open now. Shot there tonight.

Very nice facility, not cheap, but it was a balmy 70 degrees inside and not raining!

Shot at Cherokee, Kettlefoot, Tac2, Unaka R&G and the ranges in the parks, and the Gray Kennels. All get the job done, and have the mentioned benefits or drawbacks.

Good luck finding a spot.

Edited by JMB

Getting a sponsor at Kettlefoot is not a problem...the person conducting the orientation session can take care of that for you. They made a number of improvements to the pistol bays and centerfire range this past year, as well as expanding the sporting clays course to 100 birds. Another expansion of the sporting clays/5-stand course begins in January, which will reportedly culminate in a self-serve range for those - complimenting nicely the 24/7 trap and skeet self-serve fields.