Guest Big-A

Im wanting a 380 for summer carry after christmas. Im looking at a dimond back.Taurus,ruger and a kel tec. I'll most likely shoot powerball ammo through it . What 380s do yall carry ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two Kel-Tec P3AT's and both were good pistols. No problems with either one after the initial break in period. I now own a Ruger LCP and I have to admit to being a little more partial to it. It's not just that the LCP has a nicer fit and finish, but also the LCP has been reliable right out of the box. With the exception of some cheap Russian ammo, I've not had any trouble from it and I've run about 200 rounds of various brands of FJM and JHP with no trouble whatsoever. As others have said, it's a pistol you can almost always have with you. +1 for the LCP.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Sig P238 for me also.

But I also like both the PK-380 and PPK-380 from Walther although they are both bigger and heavier than the Sig, Kel-Tec or LCP.

Smith also has their Body Guard 380 with a built in laser but they are rather new to the market and I have not read much about them either pro or con, I do know the laser part is only guaranteed for 1 year which kinda stinks IMO.

[

Smith also has their Body Guard 380 with a built in laser but they are rather new to the market and I have not read much about them either pro or con, I do know the laser part is only guaranteed for 1 year which kinda stinks IMO.

Good point Sgt Joe,

I read an article in one of the gun mags to day that was doing a review of both the .380 and the .38 special versions of the S&W Body Guards. They mentioned that S&W might consider offering these without the laser in the near future depending upon the popularity of them. I think they should have done it the other way around. Build a good affordable gun, then entice those who want lasers with a future product. My $0.02.

I like my LCP, goes with me everywhere in one of 4 holsters for any situation. I like the look and feel of the S&W Bodyguard .380 but the laser is pointless IMHO and the price increase versus the LCP is prohibitive for me. I also really like the SIG P238, that would be worth the $$$ to me but my LCP works just fine so....

I'll place my vote for the Taurus TCP. 200+ rounds and only one that didn't quite feed all the way. That was the first time I took it out, and hadn't taken it apart and cleaned it before shooting it. After cleaning, no more issues. Just for good measure, I polished the ramp the other day. I like it because it just fits my hand better than the LCP or KelTec. The grip is just a little longer (front to back). Also, I think the trigger is just a bit lighter. However, I'd be happy with the LCP or KelTec, as long as they function as well as the TCP. Oh yes, the TCP has a little more room in the trigger guard.