Big Score at TN Gun Country in Clarksville - be jealous

graycrait

Attached is a pic of 3 guns I scored today for a very good price. They are legal too! Dave, at TN Gun Country in Clarksville, bought a bucket load (OK truck load) of estate sale guns - I chose these 3. These are the guns that interested me. Of course there were sexier guns - why would I want those? These 3 suit me.

1. 1st Generation Glock 17 9mm made in 1988. I've never seen a rusty Glock extractor before. This will cement me in the plastic pistol hall of fame - where I belong.

2. 1911 .45 ACP: Essex frame with an Excercito Brasiliero (what the hell is that?) slide and no name barrel. I love that rear sight. This gun function tests safely, but the slide is a tad shorter than the frame. I call it the Less Beer Special. I think the firing pin and hammer need some work. I can't wait to shoot this one. I'm going to work on it till it is running like a raped ape, then sidle up quietly to the nimrods who have 3,500 Les Bears and see if their gun shoots as reliably or as good as my "Less Beer Special."

3. Infamous .22LR Phoenix Arms HP22. New these things cost a 100.00 bucks. This one ain't new. However it comes apart is not intuitive. This one will take a little study. I'm wondering if I should spring for the 5" barrel from the factory?

I saw a 90%+ S&W Mdl 66 6" .357 go out the door from this sale for 225.00 plus tax and ATF. Don't know what else is in that estate sale but I understand anything from Walthers to Mak 90s and everything in between and worse. I saw a beautiful Remington 1100 go out the door for 300.00. What that nickel Colt MKIV 1911 went for was not near what it was likely worth. 98% of the guns have not even been put out on the shelves and will only be put out a little at a time due to room and current inventory.

Remember, active/retired LEO & Military get 10% off most items in the store.

PistolTriumpherant.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...infamous .22LR Phoenix Arms HP22. New these things cost a 100.00 bucks. This one ain't new. However it comes apart is not intuitive. ..

Generally, they'll come apart automatically after a couple hundred rounds. ;)

Not really, here's a YouTube:

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest CajunKen

I bought 6 handguns there last year, along with ammo, accessories, etc. This is by far the most proffessional, knowledgeable and fair pricing Gun Shop that I have ever dealt with. I strongly recommend them.