The wife was with me

My wife went with me to the gun shop yesterday as I picked up my PMR 30.

She was looking at the guns in the display case pointing out a few.

She saw a Springfield EMP with wood grips and told me she really liked "that pretty one."

I went back today and bought the 9mm EMP for her as a Christmas present.

She wont know about it until Christmas. So dont tell her.:D

I will report back on how she likes it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter

Ive heard alot of people having feeding problems with those guns and that they are not very reliable. I cannot verify this myself but if there are several people all saying the same thing the chances of this being untrue are pretty slim I would say.

I can verify that EMP's are not known to be very reliable until WELL broken in, and then can have problems feeding HP's. A quick trip back to Springfield for some reaming and polishing seems to fix the problem though. It's a beautiful gun and a sweet shooter for sure.....just don't give up on it until you've shot 500 rds. and then send it back to Springfield if it's still giving you problems...they'll make it right for you at no cost. It's quite possible that the newer models might have the bugs worked out already. Mine was a fairly early serial number.....6XXX range.

Oh, btw, Hornady Critical Defense is a good HP round for this gun....doesn't have a sharp edge to get caught on the feed ramp and extremely accurate with good expansion.

Also, keep it nice and wet during the first 200 rds. Let us know how your wife likes it.....and how it shoots too!

My wife went with me to the gun shop yesterday as I picked up my PMR 30.

She was looking at the guns in the display case pointing out a few.

She saw a Springfield EMP with wood grips and told me she really liked "that pretty one."

I went back today and bought the 9mm EMP for her as a Christmas present.

She wont know about it until Christmas. So dont tell her.:)

I will report back on how she likes it.

Sounds like true love...sniff...always chokes me up.