.380 Pistol Recommendations

Branket

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdog

I would let her try several. Let her make the decision. If she feels good about the gun it means a lot. If .380 is what she decides she wants, then that really is the best choice.

With a 380 I would suggest Fmj ammo or dutch load if JHP is that important to you.

• 3 weeks later...

so far its more reliable... seems better made, the action is smoother then a 3at out of the box. I shot mine a ton already with no problems at all. Im not big on a gun that has to be broke in, it shouldnt have left the factory if it had jamming issues in the first place.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER

First range trip with my new P3AT was mixed... it failed to return to battery 3 times, and failed to fire 1 time out of 100rd. All failures were in the first 30rd... after that it ran just fine. All of the FTRTB issues were fixed by shoving the back of the slide forward, and it fired fine after that. The FTF was due to not fully resetting the trigger... but it did fire a couple of times from the short reset, I have concluded that mode is simply unreliable and to always practice with the full travel reset. I will likely look into an LCP to replace the P3AT eventually, unless it has no other reliability issues.

Does the LCP have the short-reset light-strike problem that the P3AT does? To me, that is the only major oversight in the design. If it is the same... I'll look at a Kahr or a 642.

I have a Bersa Thunder 380...I like it. Haven't had any issues. Used it for the permit class. I like my XD 9 sub compact better though :up:

I'll put in a plug for the Bersa Thunder Concealed Carry. I got one of those in the shop the other day and was really impressed with the whole package. It has been cut and shaped, with the sharp edges rounded, and low profile sights. Very slim, it is almost pocket carry size. DA/SA action and the DA trigger seems fine. I wouldn't feel bad carrying one at all. And every customer I've talked to with a Thunder .380 has loved it and reported exceptional reliability. And a very good price point as well.

so far its more reliable... seems better made, the action is smoother then a 3at out of the box. I shot mine a ton already with no problems at all. Im not big on a gun that has to be broke in, it shouldnt have left the factory if it had jamming issues in the first place.

Thanks for the report. I didn't know that anyone actually had them yet. Does the gun have a functional ejector?

• 3 weeks later...

Well here's an update for any of you who are curious or may even remember this old thing.

Today she bought herself a Beretta Tomcat in .32, decided she liked it better than any of the .380's she had previously looked at. So in case case I guess the best .380 ended up being a .32 :D

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...