Bourbon Balls

Raoul

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I missed the memo on these. :shake:

Woodford Reserve is ok, but Jefferson's Reserve Very Old Small Batch is infinitely better.

Yeah, Jefferson's is good stuff. I keep Knob Creek in the cabinet most of the time though.

Frugals carries Jefferson's.

At the risk of being laughed at, what are they for? Just to make round ice balls or what?

I like Bourbon, Old Charter for me. Just started drinking it more, that and Jack Daniels.

• Admin Team
At the risk of being laughed at, what are they for? Just to make round ice balls or what?

I like Bourbon, Old Charter for me. Just started drinking it more, that and Jack Daniels.

They supposedly melt a little slower due to the fact that a sphere presents less surface area than cubed or crushed ice.

Edit: After talking myself into doing the math - a cube will have ~1.24 times the surface area of a sphere of equivalent volume. I'm not going to talk myself into doing the math to calculate how much faster your cubed ice is going to melt.

To all of you who have gotten this nifty present, I would suggest an experiment. Measure the same amount of cubed ice by weight, and tell us how much longer it takes the sphere to melt.

Just don't handle any firearms while you conduct this experiment or I'll have to kick you into that other thread.:D

Edited by MacGyver

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.