Presenting the Mossberg Chainsaw! W. T. F.

TGO David

I watched a guy order one at a LGS. He came back to buy one but i was sold on layaway I believe. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. But I had my son with me and he kept talking about how cool it was. 12 yo Boys what in the hell do they know. LOL

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gang, I agree that its a strange looking weapon..., but it does have a very specific function.

The handle design is meant to make it a better entry device. It provides better control of the shotgun as the shooter blows the hinges of a door which is often a better technique to blow a door instead of trying to take out the lock and handle. The muzzle break with its "teeth" allows for taking a good bite on the door and the correct standoff from the hinge. Get too close to the hinge and you don't get enough of a pattern to destroy the entire hinge. Standoff too much and you'll have 00 buck bouncing around everywhere thus making for some pissed off buddies in your four-stack. The rails are useful for mounting a white or IR light since folks who have a need for such a specialized shotgun tend to do their best work during the hours of darkness.

I've never fired one, but did observe an organization training with one like it. The results were very good. :)

Guest bkelm18

If people buy it, who cares? They are making stuff to make a profit. I don't really care what they sell or how it looks if someone gets some enjoyment out of it.

Guest dubaholic2

I'm personally not a fan of the look of it, but I do think it would be a great breeching gun, and I'm a fan of anything that gets more guns into the hands of law-abiding citizens; no matter how ugly I think they are!