Chart of 9mm Sub-compact semi-auto guns

mousegunner

The newly announced Sig 290 moved me to make a chart of 9mm sub-compact guns. It's kind of rough, but may be of use to someone. I had to choose some arbitrary "cut off points" to make the chart....

Weight must be 20oz or less. Length must be 6.4 inches or less. Height must be 5.0 inches or less. Got to draw a line somewhere for "sub-compact!"

9mmchart.gif

Edited by mousegunner
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice, though it is missing a couple of models. Beretta px4, springfield XD, and while unsure of exact models there should be more glocks, taurus in the mix, as well as at least 1 HK and pretty sure ruger has one (?), and that is just off the top of my head. Not all these are labeled with the undefined terms "compact" or "subcompact" but are all less than 6.5 inches if memory serves, some may be slightly over 6.3 if that is your cutoff instead.

There are also some "off" brands such as bersa that probably have at least 1 contender.

It's difficult and arbitrary to say "here and no further" to be a "sub compact" pistol. I know! But my personal opinion is that any pistol heavier than 20 ounces is pushing the envelope. The PX4 weighs nearly 28 ounces and is 7.5 inches long. It won't work in my subcompact chart!

It's difficult and arbitrary to say "here and no further" to be a "sub compact" pistol. I know! But my personal opinion is that any pistol heavier than 20 ounces is pushing the envelope. The PX4 weighs nearly 28 ounces and is 7.5 inches long. It won't work in my subcompact chart!

Thats the fullsize, it has 3 sizes under the same name. Mine is the same length as my P-40 (same as the listed P-11), thats the subcompact version. I dont know the weight but its HEAVY for its size for sure. The rest of them I don't own, only looked at, and am not sure of the weights & lengths without looking each one up. The smallest XD fits in my pocket, so its 6.5 or less, but thats about all I know of it.

• 1 month later...

The problem with making charts like this: there is different info on different websites. Some measure the thickness in a certain way. Others another. Likewise weights, with or without a mag. I did my best, but no doubt there are errors of some sort. Sorry it's not PERFECT.

Guest buttonhook

I'm sure it's hard to make it perfect. I'm just trying to give you the correct or at least the manufacturers information so your chart will be as perfect as possible. That way we all can use the information and compare for our future shooting needs :D