East Tn Fly Fishing

Bubbatn

So I got a couple Bass Pro gift cards for christmas, and since I wasn't really in need of anything shooting wise, I decided to purchase myself a fly fishing combo(BPS Hobbs Creek...8'6 6wt combo). I have been a few times with friends and really enjoyed it, and always wanted to get one.

Anyways, Just throwing this out there if anyone would like to join me(aka teach me a thing or two) one day, I could use the company. Probably try to hit the clinch or Holston(below Cherokee) sometime to try out the new combo. So like I said, If anyone would like to join me one day, Let me know. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you not need something gun related? This is a definite mancard violation and you are awfully close to Supersecret Probationary Status. Watch it Mister!

seriously though, I always wanted to learn how to fly fish, just haven't made the time yet. Have fun!

How could you not need something gun related?

Haha, I should've said, I didn't really need anything gun related from Bass Pro(can't buy a new gun with only $100 worth of gift cards...haha), and they don't really have many accesories that I could find that really interested me. And ammo is overpriced.

For you guys that would like to go, It would have to be on the weekend since I work til 3:30 during the week(Mon-Fri). But if anyone would be up for going on a Saturday or Sunday, I would be all for it. Just let me know.

I fly fish the Smokies in warmer weather.

But I would like to fish the clinch and would like someone to show me where and how.

I am a newb to fly fishing in general, but I do know a few spots you can wade the clinch(if they aren't generating) and a few basic flies that are supposed to work, so if you would like to go one weekend, Let me know. I'm sure we could figure out something.

Guest Atchley

There's a nice redington combo at bps for around 120. I've got a buddy that's big into it and works part time in the fly fishing shop in Gatlinburg so he got me the hookup on rod and reel.

There's a nice redington combo at bps for around 120. I've got a buddy that's big into it and works part time in the fly fishing shop in Gatlinburg so he got me the hookup on rod and reel.

Yeah, That Redington Crosswater combo was what I had planned on getting if I bought one(You can get them from Gander Mtn. for $99.99), but since my gift cards were for Bass pro, I opted for the Hobbs Creek combo. Plus BPS didn't have the Redington combo I wanted.

Guest Atchley

I think that's the cheapest one they have iirc. They were selling white river rods for 20 bucks last weekend, I didn't think that was a bad deal. I have yet to go to Gander Mtn, may head out to turkey creek this weekend and go there.

I think that's the cheapest one they have iirc. They were selling white river rods for 20 bucks last weekend, I didn't think that was a bad deal. I have yet to go to Gander Mtn, may head out to turkey creek this weekend and go there.

Yeah, I seen the white river "bugger" rods they had for $20 bucks, they probably weren't bad, but there was a big weight different between the Hobbs creek rod and the $20 "bugger" rods. Figured if I was gonna get something, I would go ahead and get what i really wanted(with the money I had to spend) rather than cheap out on the $20 rod.

Let's look at some dates.....I am an avid fly fisherman and have plenty of gear for anyone wanting to get into it. I usually spend the majority of my time on the water in NC, but know East TN and GA well.

Sounds great! I am good for any time, so whatever dates work for you, I am game(as long as they are on the weekend). Just let me know.

Sounds great! I am good for any time, so whatever dates work for you, I am game(as long as they are on the weekend). Just let me know.

My Brother-in_law and I were considering NC next Saturday. Let me check and see if we are still heading over. If so, I can get your info and we can meet up. If the conditions are right, get ready to catch a ton of fish.

I've fly fished off an on since I was a kid, but gave up on TN stream fishing early on; always felt I was casting in the back of the hatchery truck. :)

Caught lots of bream and bass though.

Also a few snook and tarpon and one bonefish in the Keys. Oh yeah, and a bunch of small 'cuda. If I lived down there, I'd probably really learn to do that aspect of it better. It's an amazing way to fish, considering the size of the quarry you can land on such light tackle.

- OS

I've fly fished off an on since I was a kid, but gave up on TN stream fishing early on; always felt I was casting in the back of the hatchery truck. :)

Caught lots of bream and bass though.

Also a few snook and tarpon and one bonefish in the Keys. Oh yeah, and a bunch of small 'cuda. If I lived down there, I'd probably really learn to do that aspect of it better. It's an amazing way to fish, considering the size of the quarry you can land on such light tackle.

- OS

I feel where your comin from Mac, but I have learned that stocked fish are fun too :D. But I really like catching the wild (self reproducing anyway) fish in the smokies. But you cant beat the size of those tailwater fish. Anyone want to fund a trip to Montana I'm in!!!