New Kel-Tec 12 Ga 14-Rd Capacity Bullpup Shotgun

TNRobocop

I transferred this in for Oleg Volk several weeks ago. I took some pictures but not as well as his obviously.

Now I really don't like alot of Kel-Tec stuff I will be the first to admit. Ergos to me suck and they seem to be made of unobtanium since they come out with neat stuff, but their production is crappy.

This thing though is awesome from what I can tell. Now I haven't shot it, but it is the coolest thing I have seen in awhile. Now in Oleg's pictures he hung a bunch of crap on it like he does on alot of his pictures (which is understandable since they ARE advertising pics), but for a fighting shotgun most of it is not needed.

The shotgun uses two tubes under the barrel. You could load one up with buck and one with slug if you wanted. The dang this is handy as all get out. For CQB it would be the cat's azz. The frame is similar to the RFB, but where the mag would go is the lift gate/ejection area so it is ambi no problem.

I need to get this out to the range and in the hands of some cops and fellow shooter friends of mine (you listening dunndw and paletiger...lol).

kirsten_ksg_4271.jpg

KSG_C5L_4408web.jpg

KSG_4459web.jpg

KSG_3357web.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it operate? Gas, Recoil, Pump?

Agree with Dolomite about Kel-Tec, they do seem to have some interesting design ideas coming out every couple of years.

I've used their stuff and the thing that I have learned is to never, ever buy their early production models. JMHO but it seems that they send a product out to the public and allow new buyers to do the beta testing for them. Based on warranty returns, Kel-Tec figures out the fixes and then improves the design for later production runs.

Still - - - If this thing works, it could be a game changer in the tactical and 3-Gun world.

How does it operate? Gas, Recoil, Pump?

Agree with Dolomite about Kel-Tec, they do seem to have some interesting design ideas coming out every couple of years.

I've used their stuff and the thing that I have learned is to never, ever buy their early production models. JMHO but it seems that they send a product out to the public and allow new buyers to do the beta testing for them. Based on warranty returns, Kel-Tec figures out the fixes and then improves the design for later production runs.

Still - - - If this thing works, it could be a game changer in the tactical and 3-Gun world.

It looks like it's a pump.

Sorry I forgot to add, it is a pump action.

Very smooth, but would really benefit from say a integrated light/VFG like the Surefire type for example.

I gues one of those gay AFG's would work ok also.

The good news is that a pump action isn't near as tweaky as an autoloader from a manufacturing perspective. It's possible they can pull this off without any recalls.