SNOW!!!

DaveTN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

Meanwhile, in Colorado, Denver is getting it's first big snow of the season... It started yesterday and is supposed to go all day. Currently, as of 6 am I am waiting for a phone interview to a job in warmer climbs...

DSC00245.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
I actually need to get some milk. Not because of the weather but because I left my gallon of milk on the counter overnight :D

That really stinks.

I learned to drive in Wa state, Spokane to be exact. I can go if I need to but it's the numbnuts that think 4WD is the best thing since homemade bread that will get you killed.

It will help you go but it does not help much with the stopping.

DING, DING, DING, We have a winner!!!! Now if we could only teach that to everyone out on the road thinking they can drive anywhere, anytime in all conditions just because they have 4 wheel drive. LOL

DING, DING, DING, We have a winner!!!! Now if we could only teach that to everyone out on the road thinking they can drive at or above the posted speed limit anywhere, anytime in all conditions just because they have 4 wheel drive. LOL

FTFY. People are retarded. :D

Guest uofmeet

I have 4WD, ABS, Manual transmission and i still take my sweet damn precious time. And when i am on a road with noone else, i will ahve a little fun and make all the tires spin.....lol

Guest BEARMAN

Ever actually notice how many 4-wheel drive suv's and trucks are on the road in Tennessee? Correct, a bunch; probably 1 in 4 is a 4x4 of some confiuration.

Majority of them probably have never even been locked into 4-wheel drive; so the driver never gets to experience what it's going to do in a slick situation...especially stopping the 2 ton plus behemoth.

I've been to Newfoundland, Canada on several occasions, and the funny thing is, you rarely, if ever see a 4x4 truck or suv. I asked my nephew why no one had them, and he said everyone drove fine in the snow with 2 wheel drive vehicels. They get snows up there that drift and compleatly cover the roads in places, to the point where you cannot tell the road from the barren landscape for miles. Now thats a snow! Most use tire chains and weight in the back, or just stay home.

Thats the logic I used today...just stayed my arse at home.:)

Guest uofmeet

I don't have that luxury. Radio doesn't get snow days. But also up their they have the equipment to handle that kind of stuff, like you said, snow chains. My family is from Detroit, we can handle it. We just worry about everyone else. I can probably make it around town in 2 wheel drive, but I have the ability for 4 wheel. so I use it.

Guest coldblackwind
I can probably make it around town in 2 wheel drive, but I have the ability for 4 wheel. so I use it.

Precisely. 4wd isn't the solution to all problems, but it sure helps.

I don't have that luxury. Radio doesn't get snow days. But also up their they have the equipment to handle that kind of stuff, like you said, snow chains. My family is from Detroit, we can handle it. We just worry about everyone else. I can probably make it around town in 2 wheel drive, but I have the ability for 4 wheel. so I use it.

We got about 4" here in East Memphis. The Jeep did great, even better in 4hi. As Mike and others mentioned, it helps, but stopping is an equalizer on all. My Jeep has traction/stability control and it helps but is aggravating because it is harder or impossible to get the tires to spin like you want unless you turn it off. Then it will somewhat work but not as much. I think there is a way to turn it off completely, we will see. In 4-lo it does turn completely off. Last night, the snow, it drove like a champ, it is slushy and will refreeze tonight in spots and that will cause a lot of problems, black ice....doesn't matter if you have 2wd, 4wd, 6wheel drive. I had fun, took a snow day from work, went sledding with the kids today. Had a blast.