Free HCP class!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team
You get what you pay for!

Seriously?

I don't know about that. I'm all for anyone who steps up to take down some of the barriers that the state has erected between the average citizen and their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Hopefully it's a first step in a personal progression, but regardless of whether it represents a start, or it's the only class someone ever takes, I'll count it as a victory. You've got women coming out of that class who are one step closer to being able to legally defend themselves and their families than when they went in.

Kudos to this group for sponsoring this class. That's pretty cool in my book.

The $28 donation guarantees you a spot, and the remaining seats will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis from the list of freebies. Yes, you have to pay a $15 range fee for the qualification portion, but even if you donate the $28 on top of that, at $43 total investment, it's still a HUGE bargain! I'm probably signing my wife up for the March class today.

While not a HUGE bargain it is pretty good. If it wasnt for the hour and 15 min drive each way Id have my wife go.

We have a local guy who only charges 55$ now for the class at a outdoor range.

But this is a nice offer by Bass Pro and I am glad to see it. Maybe others will follow their lead.

I just signed my wife up for a FREE handgun carry class at the Bass Pro Shop in Sevierville. This is a great way to be your HCP at a reduced cost! Guys can go free as well if they bring a woman! You can get more info at: Shooting for Women Alliance Intro

I hope all women take advantage of this!

Is this actually a "HCP" class for certification? Bass Pro in the past has had handgun training classes for ladies but it wasn't for carry permit. They are calling this on the link you have given as a "concealed carry class". If this truely is for permit and not a concealed carry class that is great. Maybe someone who has had the class and received their permit can confirm that it is.

Edited by EYEMAN
Guest rockbottom12
Is this actually a "HCP" class for certification? Bass Pro in the past has had handgun training classes for ladies but it wasn't for carry permit. They are calling this on the link you have given as a "concealed carry class". If this truely is for permit and not a concealed carry class that is great. Maybe someone who has had the class and received their permit can confirm that it is.

This is a HCP class. The class room work is done at Bass Pro but this isn't necessarily a Bass Pro class per say. I dont remember the name of the range where this is done at.

While not a HUGE bargain it is pretty good. If it wasnt for the hour and 15 min drive each way Id have my wife go.

We have a local guy who only charges 55$ now for the class at a outdoor range.

But this is a nice offer by Bass Pro and I am glad to see it. Maybe others will follow their lead.

Bass Pro is a 2 hour drive for us. As far as that goes, Coal Creek Armory is over 1 1/2 hours from my house and it's the closest HCP class I've found right now. Might as well drive the extra half hour and use the saved money for ammo. Gives us an excuse to jump on over to Gatlinburg.

• 1 month later...

I cannot seem to find the link for infomation about the classes at bass pro...alot of the links seem to be broken. Does anyone know if their still offering these HCP classes and where speciifically I can find information on how to sign up? Thankyou

• 1 month later...

Got a haircut yesterday. I've gone to the same lady, who was a high school classmeat of mine, for most of my adult life. Discussion drifted to the fact that she had just taken the HCP @ Bass Pro Shop and then filed her paperwork with DOS. She was very pleased with the class.