Hopefully you ladies will never find yourself in this situation....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She did a good job to fight him off and is very lucky this didn't go worse. I bet the department uses this as an example for poor response time in future training.

The shame of this is that so many people will just think the problem and the solution rests with more law enforcement...these women and little girl are damn lucky that this scumbag wasn't more competent at breaking into their house.

If they doubled or tripled the number of officers on patrol and it cut the response time by two-thirds; does anyone really think it would make that much difference?

The obvious solution (and the one so many will overlook) is that these women should have been armed and trained in how to use their weapon because at the end of the day, YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for defending your life against those who would do you harm.

14 minutes is not real bad of a response time for any county, especially for my county.

But anything more than a minute or so is just hurrying for no reason. I don't need a incident report that fast.

The officer could be around the corner and it will be too late. Not the officers or departments fault, its the bad guys fault.

Edited by Tncobra
Guest friesepferd

I am not sure of the average length of time of home robbery, but I'm guessing it isn't long.

Reguardless, it certainly doesn't take long for a robber to get in and shoot someone if they want to.

Until we have instant telaporation, the cops just aren't going to be there as fast as they are needed.

The only thing someone can do is be ready and be able to protect yourself.

I know two many friends (male and female) that are home alone without protection.

Cell phones may not be your friend when it comes to 911 calls. I witnessed a coworker get kicked out to the non.- emergency number several times due to the cell service she subscribed to.

It seems that the person breaking in was pretty slow in getting in and they never said anything about the motivation for the break-in.

The sheeple are victims and sit and wait for bad things to happen, and happen, and happen as they wait for help.

Like it says in some folks links

"When seconds count, law enforcement is only minutes away"

Just the reality of it, I would never depend on law enforcement assistance where I live and that is just the reality of living where I do.

Edited by TCLouis
addition

Actual response time by the correct law enforcement agency was less than 15 minutes--he would probably have forfeted his life at my house. That's too long! Now as Paul Harvey said, "The rest of the story" This didn't come out for a couple of days. She used a cell phone purchased in Nashville so the 911 call went to Nashville/Davidson Co who then transferred it to Wiliamson County based on the address they were given. They transferred it to Franklin city as it was their juresdiction. Moral: Use your landline so the Enhanced 911 system will pinpoint your location exactly.

• 3 months later...
Guest jdavis

my wife use to ask me all of the time why do you want me to carry a gun, i always told her because a cop is too heavy. it did take me a while but got her to understand why and she now carries and makes me look bad when we go target shooting, oh and she also understands what i mean when i say because a cop is too heavy, now she uses that saying when someone asks her why she is carrying a gun.

Edited by jdavis

I've known and talked to several women who have been victims of robberies, sexual assaults and it breaks my heart. Even going passed the cops to us as husbands and boyfriends who want to protect our ladies, we can't be everywhere. I can overlook just about anything, but I could never be with a woman who won't take responsibility for her own safety.