Dons Guns Collierville TN

Guest jpuck123

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words. I can't wait to get to know all of you. I just completed the ATF interview about an hour ago. The inspector was very nice and really seemed to understand just how bad I want this to happen.

You guys may know the time-lines on these things better than I. I look for a date of full operation around February 21st or sooner. What do you think?

I think you've chosen a great market to enter at a great time! Your posts already seem to have the GREAT SERVICE end of the success equation met! I think Collierville is a prime spot for your shop and look forward to it. There definately is a Pro 2A attitude on that side of town and enough "FedEx" employees living out there with discretionary income to help keep things moving. ;)

Once you get things open, I'll have to plan a field trip from work with my boss. He's been wanting an AR for some time but, is a relationship oriented buyer that lives about 5 minutes from your new shop. Get to know him and he'll be a loyal customer that will bring friends.

I'll watch this thread for an announcement on your big "Grand Opening".

Am I correct in understanding that Don is an MSJ member as well?

Darn I just can't hide. I am with MSJ-Mid South Jeeps. Now that you know who I am I hope you will stop by. 965 poplar (hwy 57 at hwy 72)

901-484-8886

Guest sigmama

Derf,

I told my husband about your shop and the info here on the forum. Turns out, he knows your son from the guard. They talked shop while on this recent trip they were on. I told the hubby looks like we have a shopping trip in our near future. :P I do have a dream sheet of pieces I'd like to own. So does the hubby! Looking forward to you opening the doors officially. About time we get one here in Collierville.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Now that Don's has been up and running for a little while, does anyone have any updates? Selection? Prices? Service? Anything. Interested in checking them out, but it's not a short drive so I don't want to feel like it was a big waste of time...

He's a great person to do buisness with. Ok selection, but with time his inventory will grow larger and more diverse. Nice group of folks, and prices are right as well. I try to stop in at least once a week.

• 4 months later...
Guest WBrianS

I can give an update- They're up and going full steam. The inventory ranges from high-end 1911's to lower-priced .38 revolvers and everything in between. He usually has about 15 pistols in the case and around 15 rifles. The rifles range too from hunting to assault. It's a nice variety as there's no junk at all- but the guns he has are priced much lower than you'd expect from a small store.

He had a new Beretta 92FS for $550 and I asked why it was so low and he said that Bass Pro had them for that price. It was odd as he'd ignored the fact that Bass Pro gets a discount on buying, but nice to see him take the consumer into account.

Ken (the skinny brother) also sharpens knives. I have a custom hunting knife made of S30V that no one could put an edge on. Kenny got it razor sharp and didn't scuff the bead blasted blade at all. All for $9...and it was a 9" blade.

Their ammo is dirt cheap, and cheaper than Guns & Ammo on reloads. Plus if you talk sweet to Don sometimes he doesn't charge sales tax and rounds down.

It does stink of cigars in there though. My wife and kids hate that.....