Ruger LC9

BigK

I got a newsletter from GunsAmerica about the upcoming Shot Show. One of the featured pistols that they briefly mention is Ruger's new LC9. With their LCR and LCP momentum, I'm betting it's gonna be a huge hit. If you believe the short write-up below, it would be worth checking out, unless you don't like pocket guns

SHOT Show Sneak Peek – Media Day at the Range

It's also on Ruger's splash screen for their home page:

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks decent and Ruger makes a fine firearm. If it runs as good as a LCP or Kel-Tec, they'll have a winner and make another mint.

I got burnt pretty bad on a Taurus, so I'm not a big fan of their semis. I'm sure their revolvers are just fine.

Guest Jcochran88
I've seriously been thinking about one of these. I was looking at KelTec then I saw these were coming out and I love Ruger so I think I'll wait for one.

Same here I like the keltec but would definitely go with the ruger over it.

I was comparing the LC9 to the Kel-Tecs (PF-9 and P-11):

The P-11 has the best capacity (+3 rounds), but is the tallest (+.35").

The PF-9 is the smallest (-0.4" L, -0.2" H, and -0.12" W) and lightest (-4.4 oz).

The Ruger is the heaviest and longest and is the only one that WILL NOT handle any +P ammo.

We know you can get either K-T for around $250, but I'd guess the Ruger is gonna stay around $400 for a while. Anyone seen a "real world" price yet?

Guest super99gm
I think it looks decent and Ruger makes a fine firearm. If it runs as good as a LCP or Kel-Tec, they'll have a winner and make another mint.

I got burnt pretty bad on a Taurus, so I'm not a big fan of their semis. I'm sure their revolvers are just fine.

I had one Taurus semi. I sure was glad to be able to trade it for a Keltec.

Guest The Highlander

I was going to buy a Rohrbaugh, but no dealers anywhere near. So, then I see SIG is coming out with a P290...looks good, but they aren't on shelves yet, and they will be maybe less than a Rohrbaugh, but still around $650-$700 I bet. Now, the ruger LC9 comes out! Looks great, probably around $400, not at dealers yet either though, but I'm sold.

Oops. Just noticed the Kimber SOLO email I got. Dang, about the same as a SIG, less than a Rohrbaugh, but more than a Ruger. But that sucker looks like an older Colt, has the best sights (and they are easily replaceable, even better). Instead of buying anything, I'm just going to wait until they are all in dealers stores, handle them all, and pick the one I like best.

By then the initial prices will possibly drop a little too.

The only danger is that the SIG P210 comes along first, and all my play money will be gone then!

I'm sure this will be a fine gun as Ruger is known for such. However as I looked at the specifications on this new model I measured them against my SR9c and find very little difference in size and weight. Just curious as to why this model and why now since the SR9c holds 3 more rounds for literally the same price?

I measured them against my SR9c and find very little difference in size and weight.

Exactly. I have an SR9c also and there just doesn't seem to be enough of a difference to justify (for me) the cost. However, I bet it will sell very well.

I'd like a lot of things about the SR9c better too. The extra length and width would make it a much better shooter, but I gotta admit that there's something to be said for the big difference in weight even if it does cost you a lower capacity.