Is ‘Project Gunwalker’ about to bust wide open?

Guest oldsmobile98

Guest oldsmobile98

National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea posts about "Project Gunwalker". This one is worth calling our reps about and asking them to investigate.

To sum up the story:

It has been alleged by certain ATF agents that the agency (with the approval of the higher-ups) has allowed the illegal transportation of guns to Mexico in order to make it seem like their Project Gunrunner is making a bigger difference than it actually is.

The whistleblowers are ready to blow the whistle, but they need the protection that a senator or representative can provide. Some senators have been contacted, but apparently they're dragging their feet. Please call and encourage them to investigate!

Charles Grassley: 202-224-3744

Saxby Chambliss: 202-224-3521

Jeff Sessions: 202-224-5225

Also, you can call Tennessee's senators and ask 'em to look into it:

Bob Corker: 202-224-3344

Lamar Alexander: 202-224-4944

It is rumored that one of these guns smuggled with ATF help was used by Mexican criminals to kill Border Patrol agent Brian Terry just this past December. If this rumor is true, then some serious prosecution is in order.

His family is

about the lax attitude of Obama and Janet Napolitano toward the border.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldsmobile98
That's entirely believable.

I think it is. It is a big accusation, but David Codrea is a guy I absolutely trust on this. As far as the rumors about Brian Terry, we just don't know until there is an investigation.

----

Thanks for that info. Maybe the media should be contacted.

Codrea wrote in his article:

We’re holding the reporters in reserve: If the politicians want to play that game, their role in turning a blind eye will be revealed. The preferable route will be to have the news agencies get their information directly from official statements coming out of congressional offices. And those of us in the background will be applying what our sources have told us to keep the process honest.

----
Aren’t there whistleblower laws that cover this kind of stuff?

I don’t think a legislator has any power to offer immunity to anyone.

I don't know. That's a good question. I understand why the ATF agents are hesitant to speak out, though; SA Vince Cefalu once tried to stand up to ATF executive management about a different issue and they dealt with him.

The Vanderboegh piece that Codrea linked to says in part:

The agents need a Senator to COME TO THEM. There are ongoing investigations, the main thrust of which, in my opinion, is to cover up the circumstances of Project Gunwalker and the death of Border Patrol agent Terry. To volunteer to go to the press during an ongoing investigation can end their careers or put them in jail themselves. Yet some are willing to do so, if forced by the inaction of your elected senators and representatives. The tools that the agency, Main Justice and the White House have at their disposal to shut these agents up are many and powerful. These guys need whistleblower protection NOW.

The staffers of the Senators below all have been briefed in one way or another. Yet none of them have reached out to the agents so far.

I imagine the request being made o the senatprs is for actual protection along with the immunity provided by the whistleblower laws. Just like the police can offer you protection if you bring them evidence the senate can do the same. Realise that the lawbreakers we are concerned with are dirty ATF agents this would also reduce the mexican crime lord's gun supply.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikedwood

You guys mean this "Project Gunwalker" thinkg might be for real? I ran across it last night when wildly surfing on a site I consider more craze than reality. It seemed to crazy to be true. I trust you guys more so WOW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a site cleanupbatf.org It seems some of their own agents have started squealing on them. Seems the corruption is so bad, some agents have a hard time living with it. Supposedly, one of the guns was used to kill a U.S. Border Patrol agent. That is the big rub.

Edited to correct the URL:

cleanupatf.org is correct

Edited by TnEngineer
correct web address
Sadly I doubt this will get any legs. If Fox is the only one telling this in the media it won't get far. Goes against the agenda.

It's being taken serious enough that the Senate as pulled hearings on the Directors confirmation...

Guest oldsmobile98

Today from Fox:

America's Third War: Agent Brian Terry, A Policy of Silence?

----------

Here is a continuously updated timeline of the Project Gunwalker story, which was originally broken by Vanderboegh and Codrea.

----------

Friends, the ATF and the DOJ are stonewalling. Please call Senator Corker and Senator Alexander and demand Congressional hearings on this!

Brian Terry was a Marine. He was a police officer. And he was a Border Patrol agent. Are the ATF executives going to get away with providing the Mexican criminals the rifle that killed Terry?

Unless we call and demand Congressional investigative hearings, they will absolutely get away with it.

2 calls, 5 minutes.

Corker: 202-224-3344

Alexander: 202-224-4944

Guest oldsmobile98

Also wanted to post this video of Megyn Kelly interviewing Larry Pratt. He brings up Project Gunwalker and BPA Terry's death.

Spoiler: he wins the interview.