Ghost Trigger For SR9

The best trigger pull measurement we could get with polished stock parts was 7lbs. Had 8lbs with the Ultimate, a Tactical is on it's way to replace the Ultimate.

The Gunsmith I spoke to in Lebanon has a few tricks up his sleeve if my efforts fail.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tactical came today and I just finished the fitting and install.

Arthur Viani of Ghost Inc. has been a tremendous help and very generous in helping me solve my issue with the Ultimate in my pistol. I sent him the photos above and once again my explanation of my problems.

He determined that the "Tactical" would work and sent me one to try. This one does require fitting and for anyone considering buying a Ghost, don't be afraid, the SR9 is easy to disassemble, I was unsure at first but I'm a master now. (Two springs to watch out for)

Anyway, the Tactical works and my pull is lighter but have yet had it measured. Much smoother pull too and the Tactical takes away the over travel.

Ghost Inc. has excellent costumer service, very descriptive instructions on their site and I highly recommend them.

All's well!

Awesome! I'm glad you got it worked out. Did you have to have to remove much material to get your trigger limit set? The instructions on their site said you may have to shoot it each time you remove material for the trigger limit to make sure it resets properly. Does that mean no more annoying drop at the end of your trigger pull? Let me know what your pull got reduced to kieefer. You've been patient and sounds like its paid off. :P

Edited by luvmyberetta

I used a file to remove the material, little by little. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to work but each time I reinstalled the trigger it came back further until I finally got a click. What a relief!

After about 6 take downs I got it but with as much practice that I've had, it now only takes a minute.

I filed a little bit further and got a good positive clean break with very little over travel. I might get to the range tomorrow, if there's any miss-fires I will need to take more off.

Feels REAL good now. I'm stoked!

I used a file to remove the material, little by little. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to work but each time I reinstalled the trigger it came back further until I finally got a click. What a relief!

After about 6 take downs I got it but with as much practice that I've had, it now only takes a minute.

I filed a little bit further and got a good positive clean break with very little over travel. I might get to the range tomorrow, if there's any miss-fires I will need to take more off.

Feels REAL good now. I'm stoked!

:P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snaxwell

I know this thread is a little old, but I am curious.

How did the Ghost part end up working? Has anyone else tried it?

I just ordered a Ghost Rocket for my SR9. Do you have any words of wisdom?

Thanks

I know this thread is a little old, but I am curious.

How did the Ghost part end up working? Has anyone else tried it?

I just ordered a Ghost Rocket for my SR9. Do you have any words of wisdom?

Thanks

Give kieefer a shout. Last I heard, he was getting good results and was happy with it.

With the Tactical installed I have yet got the pull measured, my guess it's around 5-6lb. It's really smooth, no over travel and a very clean break. I'm happy with it. The Rocket is claimed as 3.5lb pull. Let us know.

Arthur, owner of Ghost, just told me to keep the Ultimate part that didn't work for another use rather than return it, excellent service and communication IF you have any problems.

The take down is very easy, follow the instructions and watch some YouTube videos on it, and be careful with the springs, after a few times of fitting you'll be a pro like me. :rock:

Guest snaxwell

Thanks for the advice!

The Ghost Rocket showed up with the mail today. Very fast shipping because I just ordered it last Friday. It may be the weekend before I get a chance to really dig into it. I would like to do the work all in one sitting(hopefully).

I will report back.

Guest snaxwell

Kieefer was was not joking. After taking everything apart, filing the Ghost Rocket, putting it back together, and then repeating the whole process about 7 or 8 times, I can pretty much do it with my eyes closed!

I think this mod is definitely worth $30 and a couple hours of time. The trigger pull is much smoother and the break is much cleaner than before. The stock trigger always felt gritty and mushy. I do not have a scale t measure trigger pull with, but it does not feel like 3.5lbs. I would estimate it at closer to 5lbs. My SR9 is considered a gen 2, which typically had a pull of about 8-8.5lbs. This new trigger is a great improvement over that.

I hope to get to the range this week and live fire test it.

I wouldn't mind shaving another pound off of the trigger pull. Does anyone out there know of any other mods to do for that?

Springs are the next trick but, if you depend on the pistol as your CCW or HD you should opt out if these mods. As a target pistol you shouldn't mind a few misfires due to a weaker springs, so I'm told by two gunsmiths.

I do not have a scale t measure trigger pull with, but it does not feel like 3.5lbs. I would estimate it at closer to 5lbs. My SR9 is considered a gen 2, which typically had a pull of about 8-8.5lbs. This new trigger is a great improvement over that.

I wouldn't mind shaving another pound off of the trigger pull. Does anyone out there know of any other mods to do for that?

'Galloway Precision' sells performance springs and kits online. They specialize in aftermarket SR9 parts. They even have a kit that gets you all the way down to 3lbs!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE>> Ghost Trigger Bar...WOW!!

I ordered the 3.5lb Ghost Rocket trigger bar with the TCT (Tigger Control Tab) & went to work on it as soon as it arrived today. The video links on Ghost's website made it simple. Trust me, the trigger bar install is much easier than it looks at first glance.

Now, keep in mind that, while the 5 lb tactical and 3.5 lb rocket trigger do reduce trigger weight; they won't actually get you down to the true advertised weight without changing springs too. What you will get is a lighter, shorter, & MUCH smoother trigger. The Rocket has a TCT & trust me...it makes a difference. Like most owners I thought my SR9 had no over travel to begin with, but was proven wrong after installing the Rocket. I pulled it apart, grinded some material and reinstalled it 6 or 7 times until it was just right. It looks like it's going to be well worth the effort. The trigger now breaks at around 5lbs. I had it checked on someone elses gauge, but just ordered a new digital gauge to check the results myself. Now the trigger pull is very short and smooth with a very positive feel. No more gritty trigger! Many SR9 owners complain about the sudden stacking weight at the end of the trigger pull & then a sudden SNAP! That horrible snap! Well, that's completely gone now. My SR9 has a smooth steady pull & a light clean break.

Please excuse my rambling, but I wanted to give as much info about this trigger mod as I could. I can't wait to take it to the range to run a live fire test. I'll give another update when I get my trigger gauge and range test. Thanks guys.

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • 2 months later...
I got the Bedair guide rod in my SR9, looks classy and adds a bit of weight. Great service.

I tried out a Bedair stainless guide rod with terrible results! I installed it and it caused the spring to bind up so badly I couldn't even rack the slide without the rod jumping out of it's slot & gauging into the front of the slide. It wouldn't stay in place no matter what I tried. I never even got to shoot it with it installed. I returned it for a refund and bought a new guide rod assembly from Ruger. Now my SR9 works perfectly again.

They didn't have any explanation of why this was happening?

Mine worked fine. :shrug:

He said he measured and inspected it, but couldn't figure it out the problem. I love the way they look, but guess factory will do. I wanted some for my Berettas too, but not now. It's not important to some, but I like to keep my pistols in good condition...3,000 rounds & my OD SR9 got its first scratch from a stainless guide rod!:poop: