knife stores in mid TN?

I'm noticing that in every post where someone asks for opinions of what new blade to buy, people are telling about this or that available through an online catalog or distributer. I like to fondle the blade as I would a new pistol before I make a purchase. I live in Mid TN. Are there any places to look at good blades around here? Thanks, Shima

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I have heard of in the state is Smokey Mountain Knife Works, over past Knoxville.

I have ordered from them multiple times, however until a few weeks ago I had never been to their store even though it is thirty minutes away.

It is something that must be experienced to understand.

I fully think that anyone within four hours drive should experience that wonder.

Smoky Mtn. Knife Works makes all others look like a rip off. From my experiance you will pay about 35% more if you shop somewhere else. If you only want 1 or 2 $50 knives the differance will not kill you. If you walk out of SMKW and don't buy at least two you have stronger will than I. I have also found knives that I liked and called SMKW to price shop and they were cheaper including shipping.

There is a hardware store in Cookeville, Highland, I think. They have a separate building for knives. I didn't stop in, but will next time I'm in the area. Looked like a pretty good size knife shop. Nothing like SMKW, but better than most any other place you'll find. I looked it up, Highland Hardware, 219 E. Spring St. Cookeville.

I'd love to see someone step up and offer a full line of knives from various top shelf manufacturers under one roof here in middle Tennessee. That said, I need more places to spend money like I need a hole in my head.

Yep, there's a big part of me that's glad SMKW doesn't carry Busse and Mad Dog and Chris Reeve folders and Hinderers, etc. It could be bad for the wallet and for the marital harmony...

If you want to see everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) under one roof, go to the Blade Show in Atlanta in June..... custom made knives too, but all the big companies are there as well.

Blade Magazine - BLADE Show

June 10-12. There is a tactical gear show at the same time this year (same location). You should go at least once.

I've already got my plans set to be there this year. Anyone else going?

I definitely plan on it if work permits,

Screw it, I will make this happen for sure, I will work it out with my relief, Count me in Fred Im there!!! Perfect opportunity to pick up a Custom or Two!!!

Edited by willis68

I plan on going. THis will make about the 4th or 5th Blade show for me and my boys. Take plenty of money! Some of the big knife companies won't be selling there, some will. The ones that don't usually have a dealer on site (A-G-Russell) were you can buy their knives. However, you can buy from individual makers and prices start aroun d $75 for really nice fixed blade all the way up to, well, the sky is the limit!

I plan on going. THis will make about the 4th or 5th Blade show for me and my boys. Take plenty of money! Some of the big knife companies won't be selling there, some will. The ones that don't usually have a dealer on site (A-G-Russell) were you can buy their knives. However, you can buy from individual makers and prices start aroun d $75 for really nice fixed blade all the way up to, well, the sky is the limit!

I envy you, I have wanted to go to Blade for several years but due to work could not make it, I will make it this year and I will bring plenty of money this may be my only chance to get a Hinderer XM-24 and an RJ Martin Overkill Hell if I only get one of those knives it will be well worth my time!!

I would love to see that once. I'm not really a collector, per se, even though I probably have enough to be classed as one :screwy:, just love the look and feel of knives.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...