Best .22 rifle contest

knoxrocks222

Let me see if I can do this, first off is the twins, a pair of 10/22s: daddysgun001.jpg

Next we have a couple of bolt action. The one on the left is a Romanian M69 training rifle, the right one is a Marlin N25.

daddysgun009.jpg

Last but not least, we have "The Henry". (Maybe a long lost twin of Mike's.)

daddysgun005.jpg

Edited by Sidinman
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot my old one. This is my circa 1954 Remington Model 121 Fieldmaster.

Was under the tree for my 12th Christmas. Which was actually in 1960, so the gun was minimum 6 years old. Looked brand new though, had box and manual, etc. Might have been in some old stock at local hardware store or something. My young wide eyes wouldn't have cared if it looked as weathered as it does now.

I actually sold this gun during a rough stretch during my 20's, but later found and bought it back in my 30's, but it had been stored badly in the meantime and the finish went south. Still shoots well, never replaced a part except a couple of screws that got lost along the way, and the rear sight ramp elevator thingie.

Garufa has one that still looks brand new, but it doesn't shoot any better. :screwy:

fieldmaster.jpg

- OS

Mine is a 10/22 with the hammer forged barrel. I polished the barrel and receiver, and it's a rimfire tech trigger with power custom hammer. Get's to be almost boring to shoot at 50 yards. It always hits where I point it. FUN!

COMP.jpg

My Winchester 52b Sporter. 1947. Was my dads. He died when i was 8 in 1969. A true tackdriver with big nostalgia. It's the winner in my book.

a6890e36-74c9-7959.jpg

a6890e36-7629-28d9.jpg

Very Nice. I have a 52C HB, but Sporters are in another class. Looks to be in very nice shape.

Okay, I'll play, my No-Ruger 10/22

stealth22_1.jpg

TacSol X-ring action, WhistlePig barrel, Kidd trigger, Boyds Evo stock, Weaver scope, YHM Wraith suppressor. Not a squirrel is safe, and the neighbors none the wiser.

DanO

Very nice! Those X-ring actions are works of art. I wouldn't mind having one setting on the desk just to admire the craftsmanship. That is a beautiful build with top-notch components.