Posted many times but still has me at "1"...also how you post in BOLD?

Guest MrCleaner30

Guest MrCleaner30

I've posted like 50 times and it still has me at "1" ???

Also when you post a new thread how do you put it in BOLD like everyone else?

thanks

Eric

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is post count important? I'll never understand this. :)

This comes from someone with 10,000+ posts... :) Only kidding!

For some reason, some people use post count as a way to 'measure' themselves. IMO, a high post count only means you've been around for a long time and been active. Some guys with high post counts get them by stirring the pot; others by being useful and helpful.

As you can tell from my post count and when I joined TGO, I really place alot of importance on post count.

Guest MrCleaner30
Why is post count important? I'll never understand this. :P

I actually had a potential buyer respond to me regarding one of my gear classified ads and he stated he was unsure about buying b/c I ony had 1 post even though I bought and sold several items that went very smoothly.

I actually had a potential buyer respond to me regarding one of my gear classified ads and he stated he was unsure about buying b/c I ony had 1 post even though I bought and sold several items that went very smoothly.

That's actually the only reason I care about post count, but I also look at date joined when dealing with people.

Guest MrCleaner30
I would not buy from a seller with only 1 post. Sounds like he joined just to sell stuff here.

Way to welcome your new "PAYING" members...I hope there aren't too many people on here like this guy. I've already met some really cool people on here so hopefully that is the trend.

I understand what Westwind is saying, and you will too once you've been here a while.

While I wouldn't necessarily not do a deal with a newbie, I do prefer to know a little something about the other party before making a commitment. That being said, a gun or other item can be examined before actual funds transfer hands so everyone should still be protected. It's just been the occassional non firearm transaction where things were shipped (or not) that make a low post count person subject to deals not being as fast as others with higher counts or interaction might be.

If Westwind, Bronker, MagicCarpetrides, Mike.357, even Strickj posted up something I wanted, I wouldn't have an issue just sending them the check or Pay Pal and meet up when it was convenient or have them ship the item. Someone that shows up for the first time with no interaction amongst the other members yet will get a bit more scrutiny.

So in a nutshell, join in the chaos that is TGO and engage in the conversation.

Guest MrCleaner30
I understand what Westwind is saying, and you will too once you've been here a while.

While I wouldn't necessarily not do a deal with a newbie, I do prefer to know a little something about the other party before making a commitment. That being said, a gun or other item can be examined before actual funds transfer hands so everyone should still be protected. It's just been the occassional non firearm transaction where things were shipped (or not) that make a low post count person subject to deals not being as fast as others with higher counts or interaction might be.

If Westwind, Bronker, MagicCarpetrides, Mike.357, even Strickj posted up something I wanted, I wouldn't have an issue just sending them the check or Pay Pal and meet up when it was convenient or have them ship the item. Someone that shows up for the first time with no interaction amongst the other members yet will get a bit more scrutiny.

So in a nutshell, join in the chaos that is TGO and engage in the conversation.

Now thats how you go about it and don't have to be rude or assume I'm not trustworthy. Your point taken. I already have a few positive feedbacks under the feedback category so they can just look it up. Thanks

Guest MrCleaner30

Yes thank you so much for telling me b/c I would have never known looking to left of the screen at my post count lol. When I started the post it was "1"

You are up to 7 now