• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed to notice the link above until after I posted lol :P

Its from Hungary I believe

Purpose of the rifle

Highly-efficient, special, multi-purpose weapon for land-, air-, territorial and independent armed forces. Its task is to destroy - with its shell, which delivers significantly (5-8 times) greater energy comparing with the ammunition of the conventionally used small arms - the enemy's important pinpoint targets, armoured rifle troops, light shelters and buildings, radio- electronic constructions, missile launchers and hovering helicopters within a 600-800m shooting range.

In case of urban warfare/conflict it can be used for demolishing the enemy's firing positions in buildings, weapons under cover and armoured rifle troops, which are manoeuvring on the streets. It is suitable both for squads and independent units. Due to its small arm categorisation, its weight and portability, make it an ideal heavy weapon for the parachute, airmobile and territorial troops. It is also a highly effective small arm in repelling terrorist action. As this type of action is common in the field today, we believe it would play a key role according to the new North-Atlantic strategy, considering its significant destructive force, combined with formidable accuracy. Important hostile targets can be neutralised safely within a 1500m range.

It is also a highly efficiency, bodyguard-weapon for protection of important target personnel, which can extend significantly the firing range of the safe-zone around the target person, as an attack by a light armoured combat vehicle can be repulsed - by quick fire - within 300m. It is also suitable to repulse the so-called, "self-propelled (suicide) bombs," which are installed in vehicles, with even one shot to the power of the vehicle outside the effect of the (non-nuclear) bomb.Weight including magazine: 11.5 kg

Length in firing position: 1126 mm

Transporting length: 928 mm

Height of sighting line: 360 mm

Muzzle energy: Russian caliber: ~14.5 Kj /

.50 Browning: ~14.5 Kj

Muzzle velocity: Russian caliber: ~ 780 m/s /

.50 Browning: ~ 870 m/s

Length of barrel: 730 mm

Magazine capacity: 5 rounds

Optional sight: 3-12 x 50 or 5-25 x 56

Optional camera with eye monitor (EOP): Sero Development, aming: 10-300m

Piercing capacity: 250 mm concrete wall from 90°angle from 100 m

(with Russian caliber)

Armour piercing: 20 mm armour from 100 m

(with Russian caliber)

Rate of fire: 5 shots < 3 seconds

Maximum range: 2000+

Effective range: 1m2 target from 1500m

These photos are interesting. SERO - GM6 Lynx The 3rd one shows marks like the rounds are just bouncing off whatever that is. Not good when it says it's used to repel "light armored vehicles". The next photo shows holes but looks like it's key-holing, which indicates it's got a velocity/weight/twist problem. ;)

That's what I thought, too, but look again. I think in the first picture you mention, they are actually bullet holes, and in the picture after that, the holes are from fragmented jacket. The thing that is weirdest to me is that funky trigger guard.

Is the first picture entry on one side of the vehicle and the second picture exit on the other?

The more I look, I think this. There are holes in the first pic, whatever is behind the holes just happens to be a similar color. They couldn't be bothered to stick a light or something in there to make it more obvious.

Someone should buy one so we can verify. ;)