What constitutes a VFG on a pistol?

Guest Joey

Reposting this from another forum. Apologies in advance if it offends anyone but I find it hilarious.

So there's this other gun/prepping forum I post at occasionally and there's some debate there as to what constitutes a vertical forward grip on pistols. The debate in one particular thread focused on a product called Gun Nutz. Remember the plastic testicles that rednecks hang on their truck? Now there's a smaller version made just for guns. Yes, it's quite real. They even have a website.

The #1 Gun Accessory That No Respectable Gun Wants To Be Without | Gun-Nutz

That isn't the joke, just the set up. So at this other forum, someone had the balls to send the BATF a letter asking about the legality of Gun Nutz.

February 2, 2011

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

Firearms Technology Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405 USA

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have interest in the purchase of a new item that has come to my attention. It is an accessory to my Smith & Wesson manufactured M&P 9 model handgun which includes a picatinny style rail molded into the frame beneath the barrel. Such rails are commonly used for the attachment of laser sights, illumination devices, and other such aides.

The accessory I came across is titled “Gun-Nutz†and is marketed by Gun-Nutz via their website The #1 Gun Accessory That No Respectable Gun Wants To Be Without | Gun-Nutz which is intended to be mounted to picatinny rails, such as on the pistol I own, as previously described. Please refer to the picture attached below, from their website.

I wish to get a ruling on whether such a device could be interpreted as a vertical forward grip which certainly is forbidden on handguns such as mine. I am of the understanding that the Gun Control Act of 1968, the National Firearms Act of 1934 and possibly subsequent rulings, interpretations, and legislation could render such accessories forbidden on handguns.

Could the BATFE please respond with a ruling on whether or not this is a legal item to attach to my pistol in described location, as illustrated below, both with the product individually, and as installed on a firearm similar to my own?

Sincerely,

I'm sure the decision will be hilarious no matter which way it swings.

gun-nutz.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the issue is about whether the gubmint will allow you to hold your balls while shooting.

They come in three colors. Flesh, black and pink. Yes, pink. They're for women too.

1.jpg

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I think this whole idea is nuts. First off, it doesn't look like they hang straight down and evenly, plus they would have a tenancy to sway. Cupping them for any extended time and failing to get a consistent grip would make me testy. I also fear that it would be difficult to adjust your sights if you typically use a sack rest - just too lumpy underneath. Penis.

I think this whole idea is nuts. First off, it doesn't look like they hang straight down and evenly, plus they would have a tenancy to sway. Cupping them for any extended time and failing to get a consistent grip would make me testy. I also fear that it would be difficult to adjust your sights if you typically use a sack rest - just too lumpy underneath. Penis.

LMAO!!! :D

You are my new favorite person.