Ruger GP-100

Guest Grot

I have fallen in love with this wheel gun.

Anyone have anything to say about them?

Im looking for a 6" SS model.

But have yet to locate one, since no one sell them used i guess it will be a good buy.

If you just want to add some pics of your own that will work too.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander

Most accurate revolver I own is a GP-100. Got a beautiful Royal Phoenix model. I'd love to have a 4" Stainless, adjustable sight model too. Send to Gemini Customs for a little work, and it might be the Perfect Revolver!

Beautiful guns, someone has to have one they want to part with.

Good luck with that.....I haven't found many GP100 (or 686 for that matter) owners that would part with them.

To drive your urges even more check this out. The target on the right was shot with an open sighted 6" GP100 12 years ago....that was the gun I regretted selling. The target on the left was shot just a few months ago with the above pictured GP. I'm sure I could do better as it was my first time out with that particular wheel gun. Both groups were shot rested @ 25 yards with generic hand loads.

DSC_6330.jpg

All the Ruger revolvers are nice hefty revolvers. The thing I like about them is their ease of disassembly without the need for specialty tools. Once the trigger group is out make sure you take a good look at it before you disassemble it, there are a couple of areas that can confuse you when you reassemble. What I have found out is that later models seem to be a slave of mass production but it is not too bothersome to dismantle and with needle files and dental picks take out any casting "slag" and file any rough openings. Just don't round the edges where the frame pieces meet. I have a pdf file, known among the Ruger community as:

Iowegan’s Book of Knowledge for the Ruger GP-100. It is on how to tune up the Ruger GP 100, which essentially applies to the SP101 or the Speed or Security Series. I had the Kuhnhausen Shop Manual but this pdf worked just as well if not a little easier.

Ruger GP100 Book of Knowledge « Gunner’s Journal

This is a pretty good primer on doing a spring change and a bit of stoning. Banana Fufu: Trigger job for your Ruger GP100Just remember, just a little polishing, finding Ruger internal parts is almost impossible at times online. However, you can always send the gun back to Ruger and they will fix it for you at some cost. Here are some parts: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories