PM9 Range Review

kesava

Hey guys,

I took the PM9 out to the range today. I bought it because

A.) My Taurus PT709 trigger was :poop:

B.) I felt I needed a true pocket gun.

C.) In the very least I needed 9mm as the cost of .380 ammo was higher and all of my other guns are 9mm.

D.) All of the other "pocket" 9mm were either too expensive (Rorabough), to big (PF9) or not available (Kimber Solo).

E.) Glock doesn't make a single stack pocket pistol in this size.

After pulling the gun out of the box, a few people got closer to have a look.

Fit and Finish, tight and neat.

The Trigger pull is smooth through the entire pull. It is as good as any high end revolver that I have felt. The trigger break was clean and surprising every time.

Accuracy- This is the strange part. With the comfortable pinky extension on, I was all over the place. I had a nice tight 10 inch group at 7 yards.

WITHOUT the pinky extension, I got 3 inch groups at the same distance.... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Without the pinky extension, the PM9's stippling is unforgiving and debilitating, but GREATLY more accurate for me. :screwy:

So, I kept the extension off and cursed through 150 rounds of 147gr golden sabre JHP's, and 150 rounds of 115gr fmj.

I will get some grip tape and make this a range gun. Even with a 2.7 inch barrel, it's VERY accurate.

Reliability, around 320 rounds, NO ISSUES to report.

It shoots like a $600 gun should, accurate, reliable and smooth.

If you want a pocket 9mm, this is it. I have approved mine for carry duty. Now to get the perfect pocket holster.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PM45 and just picked up a p380 - I love them both and want a PM9 someday.

Don't know if it would work as well on the 9 as it does on the .380, but I ordered a Clipdraw online, and I really like it. The P380 goes into a front jeans pocket now, and stays where I can get to it instead of dropping to the bottom. It works better for me than the pocket holsters I've tried.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I have the CW9 and have put probably around 750 rounds through it so far. No problems, and no signs of deterioration in condition. The thing looks the same as it did when I put the first round down the barrel. While I know some people have concerns about over-using their Kahrs, I don't see any reason to be concerned and intend to keep shooting it to my heart's content.