Anyone do cars?

Guest Blown4v

Guest Blown4v

Is anyone a gear head here? I am but am trying to ween myself off of it. I have had more mustangs than I care to count. Current is an 04 Cobra with only a few mods, wife is keeping me in check.

Anyone else in the hobby?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

An 01 BULLITT Mustang...03 ROUSH Mustang...05 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES motorcycle...I think that'll qualify me...LOL. The BULLITT is the wife's...the Roush and bike are mine...we don't know how to keep IT in check..:shrug:

Guest db99wj

Jeeps, just cant afford it. I am slowly learning how to do things mechanical and willing to learn. More of a shade "bush" mechanic, don't know enough to be a full tree.

One day I would like to restore a CJ8 Scrambler. No time or money unfortunately.

Edited by db99wj
Is anyone a gear head here? I am but am trying to ween myself off of it. I have had more mustangs than I care to count. Current is an 04 Cobra with only a few mods, wife is keeping me in check.

I generally don't converse with Mustang guys but I'll make an exception.

I have two passions in life the involve inanimate objects...firearms and cars.

More importantly, I combine the two whenever I can (see the link in my sig line for more info) :shrug:

Guest Blown4v
I generally don't converse with Mustang guys but I'll make an exception.

now dont be mad that the Cobra will walk the Z, I dont count taking corners, lol

J/K, I like all kinds of cars, and the newer Zs are definitely well rounded cars

now dont be mad that the Cobra will walk the Z, I dont count taking corners, lol

J/K, I like all kinds of cars, and the newer Zs are definitely well rounded cars

I've never taken any of my Zs to the drag strip but I do autocross regularly. I would put some money down if we were betting 0-60 times; quarter mile I would assume you would win as the 370 only pulls around 13 seconds (at least to what I've watched myself and/or read). :)

Anyway; if a road doesn't have any curves in it I tend to avoid it not matter what I'm driving. :)

Guest Blown4v

I'll take that bet on 0-60s, 500 lb/ft of torque and sticky tires makes it go by in a flash

seriously though, if I do any more work to the car, it will be on the IRS for better corner carving. It already has the H&R springs, frame connectors and camber plates so it handles well, just not like its on rails . I would love to get into autocross as my drag racing days are over

I used to frequent TnT before Memphis Motorsports Park closed, and I've run the road course there several times. After doing the road course, drag racing lost some of its appeal. Nothing beats speed through corners! I've got a '72 Grand Prix, '88 T/A GTA, and a '01 Trans Am (326 rwhp, 13 sec 1/4 mile stock, 20 mpg city/30 hwy despite a running weight of 3750 lbs - I love my lowly pushrod V-8!).

I have a couple of interesting cars, 09 Mustang with a Roush P51 510 HP "Sleeper". It looks completely stock until you punch it and light up the tires. And, a 58 Austin Healey Sprite (Bugeye), 1275 CC with a Datsun 210 transmission. BIG difference in the cars but both are fun toys. I have been into old British cars for many years and have only had this Mustang for about a year. The British cars will make a mechanic out of you even if you don't want to!

Guest Blown4v
It needs all that tq to move all that weight around :poop: =-but I'd be surprised (maybe unpleasantly surprised) if it could best the Z 0-60 which is in the 4.7 second range :)

I don't think the SCCA in Memphis does much autocrossing...in Nashville we have two a month on average.

I may make a trip to Nashville one day for one of the autoxs, PM me a link to information if you dont mind. Are they on a real track, and not some parking lot with cones?

Edited by Blown4v
Guest Blown4v
I used to frequent TnT before Memphis Motorsports Park closed, and I've run the road course there several times. After doing the road course, drag racing lost some of its appeal. Nothing beats speed through corners! I've got a '72 Grand Prix, '88 T/A GTA, and a '01 Trans Am (326 rwhp, 13 sec 1/4 mile stock, 20 mpg city/30 hwy despite a running weight of 3750 lbs - I love my lowly pushrod V-8!).

Even though I'm ford all the way, love the LS motors

I have a couple of interesting cars, 09 Mustang with a Roush P51 510 HP "Sleeper". It looks completely stock until you punch it and light up the tires.

Is it a GT with the Roush blower, or is it a P51 car as delivered from Roush? I havent seen a Roush yet that looks like a sleeper. But if its a Gt with the blower, different story

It's one of two similar cars built in Livonia by Roush in stock bodied GT's. It has the R2300 engine package with the forged bottom end, 8:1 Pistons but with 16PSI boost. Same power unit used in the P51A. The only visual is the boost gauge in vent pod. When I found it I was skeptical but Roush sent me the build docs and the story behind the build, Roush lists the VIN in their DB as "Custom-P51"

mustangengine.jpg

Edited by WME
Guest mustangdave
It's one of two similar cars built in Livonia by Roush in stock bodied GT's. It has the R2300 engine package with the forged bottom end, 8:1 Pistons but with 16PSI boost. Same power unit used in the P51A. The only visual is the boost gauge in vent pod. When I found it I was skeptical but Roush sent me the build docs and the story behind the build, Roush lists the VIN in their DB as "Custom-P51"

mustangengine.jpg

I saw this car at Cars for Kids last year....its the REAL DEAL....have you upgraded the brakes yet...to handle STOPPING all that power?

Here is the link: Tennessee Region Sports Car Club of America : home : 2010

Just take a look at the events schedule tab - all the events for 2011 area already there...just pick a Sunday when you think you can come up and I'll try to meet up with you.

Most events are on the parking lot at the Nashville Superspeedway - they are long and usually fast courses.

th_008.jpg

Edited by RobertNashville

My Favorite Muscle Cars:

Dark Blue 67' GTO

Blue with white stripes 65' AC Cobra (Shelby)

87' Buick GNX (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder)

Favorite Tuner Cars:

Black Evo 9 MR

Black 1994 HKS Supra

Vielside RX-7

Favorite Exotic Cars:

Ferrari F40

2004 Lotus Esprit V8 TT (Pearl Orange)