New Beretta...She's Purdy!

OK. Now it's official. I'm a Beretta nut! The first pistol I ever bought was a Cougar, .45. Two weeks ago I purchased a 90-Two, .40 cal. Today my brand new PX4, .40 arrived, along with three 14 round mags and installed Trijicon sights. I hope she shoots as good as she looks!

001-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-7.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
You're hopeless, you know that don't you?;)

I think we ALL are in our own "lick the short bus windows sort of way":)

Nice family photos LuvmyB:)

I luvmyrugers:D

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice collection!

Slow learners, I think. I do not think you can copyright the word two any more than you can the number 92, not sure but the name change seems odd to me.

Here is mine, it predates the clinton era with 15 rounds. I love this thing, no, not selling it, just showing it! It came with the grips, official logo on them. Bad pic, I need a better camera.

92.jpg

Edited by Jonnin
Guest GunTroll

I like the look of that 90-2. Been thinking of saving up my pennies to get one perhaps. Your probably biased but whats your opinion?

I like the look of that 90-2. Been thinking of saving up my pennies to get one perhaps. Your probably biased but whats your opinion?

I haven't shot it yet, but my wife and I are going to the range in the morning to try out the 90-Two and my new PX4. As far as feel & balance, just holding it...I like it better than the 92 or 96. The grip feels much more comfortable + you can buy grips with different thickness to get what fits you hand best. I'll post after I get back from the range tomorrow to let you know how it shoots.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got out to the range to try out the 90-Two and PX4. I know I'm not an expert or a marksman. I just love to shoot pistols so take everything with a grain of salt. It's for fun after all.

The .40 caliber 90-Two is an incredible shooter. This was a gently used pistol that included two 11 round mags & Trijicon night sights & I just bought two 12 round special duty mags from Beretta. I used Remington 180 grain FMJ. My first shot at 20 feet was dead center of the bullseye. I went through a box of 50 and every shot landed within 2" of center thanks to that 4.9" barrel & low recoil. The pistol had a good balance and sight picture was easy to aquire after each shot. Recoil was low and easy to control. I find the grip comfortable and it fits my hands well. After shooting through my first box of ammo, I loaded four mags and ran through them as quickly as I could (controllably/about 2 rounds per second). I know it's not very scientific, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. All 46 shots landed within a 6" circle on a paper plate. This ones a keeper and may be my new favorite, but I'll have to discuss that with my Cougar!

I also have nothing negative to say about the .40 PX4. I tested it with the same ammo, Remington 180 grain FMJ. The PX4 was new, right out of the box and came with three 14 round mags and Trijicon night sights. I field stripped it, gave it a good inspection, & a little oil. It was super clean right out of the box and very comfortable in my hands. With a fully loaded 14 round mag, it has perfect balance. My first shot at 20 feet was about 1 1/2" low and to the right. Second shot was dead center. I shot up the rest of the box with all shots hitting within 3"-4" of center. I tended to shoot a little lower on the target with the PX4. This was not the pistols fault, though. I may need to experiment with the backstrap a bit, or I may have just been a little too excited to be at the range with my new pistols and choked. The PX4 is a very nice pistol, but may have a slightly snappier recoil than the 90-Two, probably due to it being a little lighter or the shorter barrel. I did the same with the PX4. Loaded three mags and emptied them quickly. Same results as with the 90-Two. All 42 rounds landed within a 6" group. All in all, it's one of the best pistols I've had the pleasure to shoot.

Both are very accurate and have good ergonomics, but are a little on the large side, as far as concealment goes. Either will do fine on a hip or paddle holster, but for concealment I would suggest maybe a shoulder rig. If you find a deal on either or both of these pistols BUY THEM!!