.22 semiautomatic

Guest rt_steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander

Since you already have purchased the P22, good luck with it. I will recommend the Ruger Mark II and Mark III to anyone. Eventually, you will step up and own one. Or two. Or more.

Don't go cheap or fragile on your .22 pistol. Main reason is that it will be the one handgun you will keep forever. Same goes for .22 rifle. The rimfires will still be fun and firing long after you have tired of the big bores. My Ruger MKII and my Marlin 60 are the guns Grandpa takes with the kids on our woods walks. I have gotten a little too slow for the big game hunting anymore so the big bores and shotguns stay in the gun safe. But the .22s go out at least once a week.

Spend the bucks and get a Ruger MK or a Buckmark, both great rimfire handguns. You will still be having fun with them when you are a grandpa!

BTW my Ruger MKII works fine with the Walmart bulk ammo. I've heard nothing but good words for the Buckmark on cheaper ammo too.

The bigger handguns will be for SD and competition, but the rimfire will be your buddy for a long time.

Guest serpentine5

My brother has had the Ruger MK I, II and III. Love all three of them. Out of my price range right now, but I would buy one in a heart beat if I had the money.

Guns001.jpg

Ruger gets my vote as well. I have a mark lll and love it. I just finished doing some work to my buddy's standard. It is old enough to have a 4 digit SN, and it pretty well looks it. His grandfather gave it to him, but it was not running right. I detail stripped it, cleaned, put a new firing pin, recoil spring, smoothed the hammer, and now it runs like a sewing machine. With a little maintance and care (I stress little), I am pretty sure it will last longer than you. They are not the most tacticool or flashiest thing on the market, but they work with everything. Period.

I will add as an after thought, Ruger's customer service is excellent. You can call and talk with a real person who knows what you are talking about, and will do their best to resolve whatever issue you are having. Another shooting buddy has a 22/45 that had an ammo issue. I am not sure on the whole story, but it was not a problem with the gun. However, the gun was damaged by the bad ammo. Ruger payed shipping both ways, replaced some springs and the loaded chamber indicator, and had the gun back in less than two weeks for no charge at all.