Red Neck Field Tactical AR

First of all you must use a .22 rifle that will accurately & reliably shoot 60grain Aguilla Subsonics (older Remington 552 Speedmaster) which gets you in the ballpark of 55-62 grain .223 albeit at considerably less muzzle velocity, OK, give or take 2300fps or so. Then take an equally old yet clear steel tube Weaver V9 3-9x38 A0 scope atop cheap Tasco seethru rings. Install a Williams .570 1/16" gold bead front sight and a Williams WGRS grooved receiver rear sight with target aperture. Load it up and prepare to battle urban zombies, paper, maybe an errant tree rat. Come on... 99% of the AR toting public "don't need" some 1800.00 .223 with a 500.00 Eotech, along with Magpul or Krebs accessories. I've just saved all of you about 2.5 grand, I should get royalties.

SpeedmasterVII.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hipower,

Here is another long term project coming to fruition. Rimfire Technoligies Quantum M barrel threaded; R/T trigger group 2.75lbs break with Harrington rework, bolt with some Harrington rework, Boyd's Blaster stock with lots of Harrington rework to get LOP between web of thumb and trigger finger to agree. Wiegand 20MOA rail and Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 rimfire scope. This scope works on this rig providing balance to the very light .920 solid aluminum shrouded barrel. Total weight is about 6.25lbs.

RT1022wMuellerAPV.jpg

This is another project. It isn't pretty but it can keep a golf ball moving at 50yrds about as fast as you can pull the trigger. The barrel is Green Mountain Running Boar and the optic is Mueller Quick shot. Tac Sol mag release with a harrington 2lb trigger. Hogue rubber overmolded stock.

RunningBoar1022wMullerQuickshotHaloSight.jpg

I have enjoyed several 552's over the years, they are very nice rifles. Not as versatile as a 10-22 but a bit classier....IMO. Currently playing with a Winchester 190C. So far it is a fun little 22. Question, the OP stated the 60 grain subsonic ammo at 2300FPS....did you mean maybe 1300fps instead? I don't think you can get 2300 out of Stingers with a 32 grain bullet.

I have enjoyed several 552's over the years, they are very nice rifles. Not as versatile as a 10-22 but a bit classier....IMO. Currently playing with a Winchester 190C. So far it is a fun little 22. Question, the OP stated the 60 grain subsonic ammo at 2300FPS....did you mean maybe 1300fps instead? I don't think you can get 2300 out of Stingers with a 32 grain bullet.

He meant the same as 223 Remington give or take 2300 fps as a joke.

As in 3200 minus 2300 equals 900 fps which is around what the 60 grain Aguila runs.

Dolomite