Issues with Budsgunshop.com??

Anyone have problems with Budsgunshop.com? I won a gunbroker auction from them yesterday for a Ruger SR9c. When I tried making online payment I kept getting their database error saying to either try again later or phone in the order. Tried more than half a dozen times to phone in the order and was never able to get a hold of anyone. Each time I tried online it kept raising the shipment amount which was suppose to be $25 fixed rate shipping according to the listing but instead went from $25 to $33 to $37 to $41.

I've also tried contacting them through their contact us page on their site and through gunbroker's help page with no answer. So WTF??? Anyone else have similar issues with them?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any web shopping site can malfunction. For whatever reason, such places usually have a crew of programmers that *constantly* fool with the database setup, web site code, etc. They break it sometimes, or something else goes wrong (browser update, etc).

Any time something strange like this happens, just stop. If you keep clicking, you will be sorry, just put it down and try it again in an hour (day, week) or two. Its easy to keep clicking and charge yourself $1000 by mistake. Its hard to fix/undo that.

Got a hold of them yesterday afternoon by phone. Apparently..... even though I was getting the error message on my end saying payment couldn't be processed and to try again later, it was actually going through on their end and charging my card each time. They acknowledged the mistake, were extremely apologetic and corrected it. Feeling much better about the whole thing now.

The only problem I had with Bud's is they sent a Taurus I ordered without a front sight. That really wasn't the problem. The problem was the second one ,that they promised to inspect before shipping, also came without the tritium front sight it was suppoed to have. I know it wasn't the same gun because I ordered a second one before the first one was sent back for a refund. Bud's arranged for Taurus to send a set of standard sights. I explained the gun was supposed to have tritiums. After that they said get with Taurus for the correct sights. Taurus refused to send anything other than the standard sights. In the end I had to spend another $65 to get the correct tritium front sight.

All of this took 3 weeks to correct and because I didn't have any sights during this time I couldn't shoot the pistol at all.

Bud's did refund my transfer fees because the FFL wanted me to pay for the transfer even though I refused shipment. They also gave me a few dollars more because of the extra trip and half the day spent trying to correct the issue.

My transaction was probably a fluke and was caused by Taurus but Bud's dropped the ball by not inspecting the second gun.

Dolomite

I've typically had no problems. One time, they shipped from multiple locations and ended up sending TWO guns to my FFL. Took just a couple of days before they released the correct one and FFL shipped the other back, no charge. Other than that, it's always been smooth sailing. Glad all is taken care of for your transaction, and that you get your new friend quickly!

I had a problem with their website once when I won an auction they ran on their front page. Similar deal, wouldn't let me check out.

Took me several days, and e-mails and phone calls to finally get to a person who could fix it. Turned out to be a website snafu, which they promptly fixed when they figured out the problem.

It was just for some accessories, so it wasn't a big deal, but can be frustrating. However they dealt with it amicably and effectively once we got connected. I've also bought 4 firearms from them with no problems.

Good folks in my experience, but they do a bunch of business, so it's not like calling the LGS. Glad you got things worked out.

I've typically had no problems. One time, they shipped from multiple locations and ended up sending TWO guns to my FFL. Took just a couple of days before they released the correct one and FFL shipped the other back, no charge. Other than that, it's always been smooth sailing. Glad all is taken care of for your transaction, and that you get your new friend quickly!

Was it a couple of rifles?

If so I was picking up my pistol as the FFL was trying to figure out which one stayed and which one went back. I think they were Henry's if I remember right.

Dolomite

I spoke to soon. FFL sent me an email stating my two SR9c's arrived. I checked my bank account and there are three charges from bud's left pending. Since all of the "suspicious" transactions my bank has put a hold on my card until I could get this straightened out with bud's. Sent an email explaining the situation and within 5 minutes got a phone call. All said and done, extra charges were removed and I ended up purchasing the second SR9c too for $365. Pretty crazy ordeal overall but all in all I'm pretty satisfied the way it worked out. Now just to smooth it over with the wife that I bought two instead of one.

..............Now just to smooth it over with the wife that I bought two instead of one.

Here's a response

"Honey Look what I got for you! " I liked mine so much I thought it would be nice if we had matching guns now you can go shoot with me without taking turns.

so now she will thank you for being so thoughtful.

Guest bkelm18

I think for whatever reason they are just really busy at the moment. I've had an order with them for almost a week and it's still on "Processing" when normally it ships out within 3 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Hubby bought a nice little Bushmaster .223 from them about a month ago... Transaction went VERY well. Got an awesome price. The guy ont he online chat was really helpful when I was asking him questions about it. They shipped it and it was here in less than a week. All went well... UNTIL yesterday. A few days ago hubby got an email saying they were shutting down credit card processing because there were reports from customers of fraudulent charges on their credit cards. Hubby didn't really pay much attention to it because he knew i watch the accounts like a hawk.

So yesterday, when he got a call from a company called "Fi Serve" he decided to wait until I got home to see what it was about. He called a local pizza place to get dinner delivered and his check card was declined. Seemed rather odd when he's buying $30 worth of pizza on an account with over $1900 in it. So he called the number on the back of the card and was informed told they had cancelled the card because someone was making apparently fraudulent charges and they could not reach him to verify them. Turns out there was a $6.90 transaction with a Candlewood Inn (just to make sure the card was working) followed by a $700 charge with some company called "LAIT" and a $369 transaction to Caribbean Air (they blocked this one).

A little searching has turned up HUNDREDS of Bud's customers who have seen the same thing in recent days. So if you do use Bud's... I'd suggest a pre-paid card or money order!

discover on the internet, is the key. Garbled "fake" number cannot be used by any other business, so if stolen it trips a red flag right away and is declined automatically. Your real CC number is never given out. And you get 10 cents back for every million you spend too, what a deal =)

discover on the internet, is the key. Garbled "fake" number cannot be used by any other business, so if stolen it trips a red flag right away and is declined automatically. Your real CC number is never given out. And you get 10 cents back for every million you spend too, what a deal =)

Bank of America does the same thing. That's how I order anything off the internet anymore.

I can't order online with my mac, I have to go to someone's house and use a PC. I generally just call to place an order, because I always had the online purchasing error. Just an FYI, buds pings your account with $1 charges every time you attempt an order. I was out $6 bucks before I realized it and called the store to order, make sure you take care of those...

They sent out another email yesterday ADMITTING they were the source of the card numbers being compromised. They've supposedly changed their systems to FINALLY be PCI compliant now (ie. no more storage of card numbers... they neglected to inform their customers they were violating Visa/MC TOS all along by storing those anyway, but I digress).

Yes, the one-time card numbers are nice, but I don't use CREDIT cards so that's not usually an option with a check card. But I do have to give credit where credit is due.. KTVAECU did an outstanding job of catching the fraud activity and reporting it to us. Hubby had received a phone calll that he didn't answer... it was them calling to check on a suspicious-looking transaction. Since he didn't answer, they blocked it and closed the card. Two charges, one for $6 and one for $700 were authorized, the next one for $369 was blocked. When he tried to use the card himself, it declined because they'd already closed it. So he called the number on the card and they informed him of the fraud and that they had tried to call to verify it but closed the account to protect us since they could not confirm. They put the funds for the other two charges back on the account... all of this happening within 24 hours. I know people who have fought with credit card companies for weeks and sometimes MONTHS over stuff like this. So I'm very happy with the way the credit union handled it. But again.. if you have EVER used Bud's... CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!

...and expect the prices to be a little higher now since they're gonna have to pay back all those airline tickets that were bought using their customer's stolen account numbers.