kimber Ultra Aegis(Wow This Pistol Shoots)

krunchnik

I recently did a little trading with a TGO member on a Kimber Aegis,I am definately not leary of the 3 inch barrel 9mm any longer.I ran 100 rounds of mixed 9mm ammo which consisted of Winchester SXZ 115 HP,Winchester White Box 147gr HP and Fiochhi 115gr FMJ without so much as a hiccup,who says these little pistols are finicky anyways.Thanks Glock30 for the great trade.

IMG_1405.jpg

This was at 21 foot:D:D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrCleaner30

Damn nice gun! I'm in the market for a 3" 1911 9mm myself. Of the Kimbers I'm looking at the Aegis & CDP. Really like the SA EMP too...it will come down to whoever has one in excellent condition for the right price.

Damn nice gun! I'm in the market for a 3" 1911 9mm myself. Of the Kimbers I'm looking at the Aegis & CDP. Really like the SA EMP too...it will come down to whoever has one in excellent condition for the right price.

I had the EMP in .40S&W,I couldn't feel the love.Most people don't realize they use a propriatery magazine and several other parts due to the shrunken size of the frame.Mine was OK but just that.I guess each to his own,but I would definately buy another Aegis,not to mention I am really starting to like the 9mm round.So much quicker follow up shots and just a pleasure to shoot,almost contagious.

That's some mighty fine shootin'! You're going to love that 1911. I have considered ditching all my other guns in favor of 1911's. I've got a 9mm and 45 ACP, now all that's missing is a 38 Super. Although I do own a 38 Super it's a Sig P220.

You will find that as you stretch out your ranges you will shoot just as well. Try out some 25 yard groups. I bet that gun will surprise you.

Guest MrCleaner30

Is the EMP that much thinner? I can't find the spec on that but the Aegis shows 1.15" wide. I like everything about the EMP except two things that drive me crazy: 1) no front strap checkering & 2) no flush fitting mags...its like what was SA thinking charging over a grand for the gun and not doing that. Anyway I guess the appeal is thinner frame for the most part but I'm still looking hard at the Kimber Aegis & CDP.

Any major differences you noticed between Aegis and CDP 9mm besides obviously cosmetic differences? Thanks

I had the EMP in .40S&W,I couldn't feel the love.Most people don't realize they use a propriatery magazine and several other parts due to the shrunken size of the frame.Mine was OK but just that.I guess each to his own,but I would definately buy another Aegis,not to mention I am really starting to like the 9mm round.So much quicker follow up shots and just a pleasure to shoot,almost contagious.
Is the EMP that much thinner? I can't find the spec on that but the Aegis shows 1.15" wide. I like everything about the EMP except two things that drive me crazy: 1) no front strap checkering & 2) no flush fitting mags...its like what was SA thinking charging over a grand for the gun and not doing that. Anyway I guess the appeal is thinner frame for the most part but I'm still looking hard at the Kimber Aegis & CDP.

Any major differences you noticed between Aegis and CDP 9mm besides obviously cosmetic differences? Thanks

The EMP is not thinner,the grip measurement from front to back is smaller,they are the same width but the EMP takes a smaller magazine,not length but front to back measurement.regular officer size mags wont fit.The front strap not having any gripping surface was also not good,especially in the snappier .40.

Nice looking gun - thanks for the report. My son wants one of these, so I've been keeping my eye out for one - never seen a used one for sale, so I guess folks really like them.

Nice shooting too!

I recently did a little trading with a TGO member on a Kimber Aegis,I am definately not leary of the 3 inch barrel 9mm any longer.I ran 100 rounds of mixed 9mm ammo which consisted of Winchester SXZ 115 HP,Winchester White Box 147gr HP and Fiochhi 115gr FMJ without so much as a hiccup,who says these little pistols are finicky anyways.Thanks Glock30 for the great trade.

IMG_1405.jpg

This was at 21 foot:D:D

Nice shooting! Glad your 3 years of searching was worthwhile.

Glad you found one that cooperates. Personally, not a big fan of the factory grips they put on those. But that can be easily remedied.

Happy shooting.

I like the grips,a person would think they are a little slippery,but not ,seems the ball mill cut is got the right angle.But like you say if a person doesn't like them its pretty easy to change.