Tennessee Handgun Permit Resources

Guest Archimedes

Guest Archimedes
  • 4 weeks later...

There are some good people on OCDO... I have been looking for them to have one of their meetings in the Bristol area for a while, I'd make the drive. My wife and I try to visit east TN a couple of times a year on weekends anyways.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bkelm18
It appears the state has taken the application PDF down. There are no links to it on their website either.

They stopped accepting the printable first time apps at least a year ago.

FYI, I applied on Friday for my HCP and they took my Debit Card.

Yes, they started taking plastic a good bit ago. Bear in mind this thread was resurrected from over two years ago.

• 8 months later...

Yes, they started taking plastic a good bit ago. Bear in mind this thread was resurrected from over two years ago.

That's odd. Just turned in my application today.. checked the website before I went because the class instructor told us no checks or cards. It confirmed Cash, Money Order, or Certified Check only. The application states the same.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest rzrbck

New Application Experience - Nashville, TN

I filed my application last Friday, Jun 22, 2012 at the Hart Lane Service Center in Nashville. When I arrived at the DL Service Center around 8:25am, there was a long line (around 80 people). They opened the door at 8:30am and I got my number/application around 9:40am. Then I completed the application while I waited for around an hour until they called my number and submitted the completed application, handgun course certificate, showed them my DL and passport, and paid the $115 application fees by credit card. All this took less than 5 minutes. After that there was 10 minutes waiting for getting the picture taken and I was out of there before 11:00am with instructions for finger printing. I scheduled the fingerprinting through http://ibtfingerprint.com/ for that afternoon at The Mail Box Store. You do have a lot of options and flexibilty for scheduling the finger printing. There was no additional charge for finger printing. Now its waiting for the permit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest MegaHead23

Letting everyone know that Nasvhille Armory off of 1-65 just announced that they are currently populating classes and accepting memberships. So that's another good source for TN Handgun Carry Permits. I don't know if it's cool to post urls in your posts in here, but here's theirs, just in case. www.NashvilleArmory.com Hope that helps.

Handy information. thumbsup.gif

I've never understood why your initial application requires cash or certified check, but a personal check is OK for renewals.

I'm thinking they don't know who the heck you are or what you are all about before the license and BACKGROUND CHECK.

Afterwards, they know they've got a good address and that you are more or less a good do-be.

• 4 years later...