I hate turkey hunting...

...that's what my wife proclaimed today! Seems she if feed up with all the money I have been spending, all the practice calling, all the hunting videos and the fact, even though season is still a few weeks away, I am gone to the woods all the time.

She started listing off all the money I spent last year on decoys, new vest, new calls, shells, camo clothes. Then she started listing off all the money I spent this year on a 500.00 gun, 250.00 reflex sight, 180.00 on shells, new choke tube, new cody slate, new mouth calls, a couple new strikers. Then she complained about how my daughter had already outgrown the camo we bought for deer season and how we were going to have to buy more camo for her.

Atleast that is what I heard her complaining about. I am sure there was more, but I was practicing on a glass call with a really loud striker and couldn't hear everything she was saying.

When she finished and stood there waiting for me to respond, I reminded her that I needed her to stop by MidSouth Shooters Supply on her way home tomorrow and pick up the 3 boxes of Hevi 13 I had waiting on me there. It must be her time of the month, cause she didn't respond well to my simple request. She yelled "I hate turkey hunting". I said, "How can you say you hate it? You've never even been." She's been hold-up in the bedroom ever since.

I hope she don't forget my Hevi-Shot tomorrow.

I swear, women are harder to figure out than turkeys.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She ain't mad, she was just busting on me for being consumed. I think she was fishing for an argument from me (cause that's what we do for fun), but I didn't want to play. I was busy practicing. :) :) :)

She knows she married a hunter. We had that fight first, almost 15 years ago. I have a great, supportive wife. We bust on each other alot, but we can because we know we've got each others back when the SHTF.

Edited by whiskey
Well, looks like by the time it makes it to the table, the turkey is gonna costs maybe $75 a pound. That's reasonable, right?

Heh, I was thinking the same thing during the deer season gear show & tell. "My new 1500 yard sniper rifle with a $800 scope saved me $150 in meat for the year..."