C&R Countdown

After waiting far too long deciding to get my C&R, I've finally filled out the paperwork.

My papers were mailed today.

The countdown is on to see how long it will take.

Any suggestions on how to help the wifey understand why we need to officially collect curios? :)

My first excuse is that this will keep me from picking up additional scuba equipment off of th'bay. She wasn't sure this was a good trade, but we'll see if we can work on that.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Dealer discounts at midway and brownells among others.

That's worth the license alone. I've had mine for just over 3 years (I just renewed in Jan) and I've never bought a firearm with it. Though I've probably saved $2-300 on Midway alone.

Guest last1is4me

You could always say you are getting them as an investment. If you put the money in the bank you will be lucky to draw 1-2% interest. The guns probably would gain in value more than you could draw in interest. Any way that is my excuse.

You could always say you are getting them as an investment. If you put the money in the bank you will be lucky to draw 1-2% interest. The guns probably would gain in value more than you could draw in interest. Any way that is my excuse.

Hmm, "but honey, 5000 rounds of 7.65x54 is just like money in the bank...."

I'll try it, but I'm not sure she'll buy it. :)

A pending payment from the ATF has shown up, posting on 3/21. That's only 4 business days from the mailout. Talk about fast work. Of course, we'll see how long it takes for the package(s) to arrive, but it sure gets me excited!

• 3 weeks later...

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm doing the happy dance! It came yesterday afternoon. Of course with the crazy weather, I had to wait until today to start axing and e-mailing copies.

Thus far, I've sent them to SOG, AIM and Midway. Besides Brownells, are there any other recommendations for places to send it off to?