FN 5.7 pistol. Somebody tell me why its the best hangun in the world.

Will Carry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very easy to carry

30 rounds!! per mag

Easy to clean and take down.

Reliable

Ammo at 18$ a box of 50 not to bad.

almost no recoil

very accurate!

Range > Will out shoot most any other handgun out there.

Until you own one and burn a few rounds you cant really listen to the internet copy n paste reviews.

Do not be fooled by the 22mag comparison comments. Take one out and do some plinking and then compare. You will see.

Shot some groups at 100 yards I could cover with my hand.

If you can shoot hand size groups at 100 yards with irons on a pistol, you shouldn't be paying for guns, the manufacturers should be throwing them at you.

Anyway, the FiveSeven is a novel idea and has some cool features, but I think it's mostly hype.

• It is entirely too large for CC.
  • The armor piercing capabilities are virtually a moot point because the wound characteristics even before passing through armor are meager at best.
  • The extra capacity is not that special, when compared to double-stack 9mm pistols, as you already can get 15-18ish rounds with better concealability.
  • The ammo is expensive, difficult to find, and limited in variety.
  • It's all plastic (yeah, whatever glock guys).
  • It's ugly.
  • It stanks.

I would recommend a CZ 75. I've never shot a gun that felt better in my hand probably the closest thing was my buddy's HK P30. If you want something that shoots armor piercing lightning bolts that can actually be carried, look into the CZ 52. Here's some stuff about it:

The CZ 52:

CZ 52 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 7.62x25mm Tokarev:

7.62x25mm Tokarev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, I don't work for CZ.

Guest drv2fst
If you can shoot hand size groups at 100 yards with irons on a pistol, you shouldn't be paying for guns, the manufacturers should be throwing them at you.

Don't be angry that he can shoot better than you. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Seriously, they do shoot really really well. I hit 7 out of ten shots on a 1 ft square target at 100 yards with the stock irons. And I'm not a great shot. This gun is easy to aim, shoots flat, and has negligible recoil. I didn't group as well as Dave Shooter but a better shooter than i certainly could.

Don't be angry that he can shoot better than you. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Seriously, they do shoot really really well. I hit 7 out of ten shots on a 1 ft square target at 100 yards with the stock irons. And I'm not a great shot. This gun is easy to aim, shoots flat, and has negligible recoil. I didn't group as well as Dave Shooter but a better shooter than i certainly could.

I'm not angry, I just don't believe it. It just seems like the short sight radius and imprecise nature of the sights would make it nearly impossible to do unless you had the gun in a vise, which, even in that case it would be impressive for the pistol to be able to shoot that accurately. I'll have to get my buddy to bring his next time we shoot and I'll try this junk out.

It's still a stupid looking gun.

Guest drv2fst
Is the Five-seveN not the most accomplished single incident murder weapon in the US in the 21st century?

I am shocked at such a "blame the weapon" attitude on a gun forum. Just because some idiot chose this weapon does not make it either better or worse.

Is the Five-seveN not the most accomplished single incident murder weapon in the US in the 21st century?

No. That would be a Glock 19 at the Virginia tech shooting. He also had a P22. 32 People died. He used Libtard compliant mags too. 13 people died at Ft. Hood.

Guest BungieCord
No. That would be a Glock 19 at the Virginia tech shooting. He also had a P22. 32 People died. He used Libtard compliant mags too. 13 people died at Ft. Hood.

Ah, my mistake. I'd forgotten about VT.

Guest spoolie
Practice head shots...who cares about body armor?

Truth...that's why I'm at the range 3 times per week....wasting thousands of rounds of ammo.

It's an odd looking pistol, in a cool sort of way, but hasn't intrested me enough to want to buy one. Still, I'd like to put some round's downrange through one sometime just to see how it handled and grouped. As it is this is a pistol that enough are sold of to maintain it's production level so that say's a bit.

Guest pfries
For the life of me, I just don't understand why some people think that velocity alone is all that.

I agree and I still can't out run a well placed sub sonic load and I like to think I am pretty quick on my feet... lmao

Guest trumpettgriffin
\

Still, I really consider it a well-made, expensive plinker.

Agree.

I would add that the Five Seven seems like a prototype gun that, against all odds, made it to production.

It better be "the best gun on the internet" otherwise there is no market for it.

For the life of me, I just don't understand why some people think that velocity alone is all that.

Cause its physics. :shake:

If you get them looking at velocity, mass, and surface area, all of a sudden their favorite caliber may not look as appealing.

In 2002 and 2003, NATO conducted a series of tests with the intention of standardizing a PDW cartridge as a replacement for the 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge.[9] The tests compared the relative merits of the 5.7x28mm cartridge and the 4.6x30mm cartridge, which was created by Heckler & Koch as a competitor to the 5.7x28mm.[9] The NATO group subsequently recommended the 5.7x28mm cartridge, citing superior performance in testing, but the standardization process was indefinitely halted.[9]

Haven't dug any deeper. Velocity isn't the only thing, but it's not a bad thing either.

In 2002 and 2003, NATO conducted a series of tests with the intention of standardizing a PDW cartridge as a replacement for the 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge.[9] The tests compared the relative merits of the 5.7x28mm cartridge and the 4.6x30mm cartridge, which was created by Heckler & Koch as a competitor to the 5.7x28mm.[9] The NATO group subsequently recommended the 5.7x28mm cartridge, citing superior performance in testing, but the standardization process was indefinitely halted.[9]

Haven't dug any deeper. Velocity isn't the only thing, but it's not a bad thing either.

No one said it was bad, but BOTH velocity and mass are needed to be effective. I haven't met anyone yet who can defy the laws of physics.

No one said it was bad, but BOTH are needed to be effective. I haven't met anyone yet who can defy the laws of physics.

I haven't read enough about it yet. It depends on how much damage gets done when it hits. It really is all about opening blood vessels. If the bullet tumbles, then the size of the cavity is going to be determined by the length of the bullet as well as the width. The physics is that velocity increases penetration, and so does bullet mass. The mass of the bullet is just one variable. It's why you can get similar penetration between a 9mm and a .45 ACP, when the ratio of bullet mass is 2:1.

A friend of mine (a real shooter) just bought an FN 5.7. He loves it. He says at 50 yards he can hit a metal pie plate 9 times out of 10 free handed. This guy owns over 40 quality handguns and says this new 5.7 will out shoot any handgun he owns. He has invited me over to shoot it in a few weeks. I will report on it when I get some trigger time on it. I will probably not buy one yet. I don't own 40 handguns. I still need a CZ-75, Beretta 92, Kimber, S&W model 27 and few more common pistols before I start getting fancy.

This guy owns over 40 quality handguns and says this new 5.7 will out shoot any handgun he owns.

What do you mean by quality? That is very subjective. As I stated earlier, I own a Five Seven. I also several high end 1911s. While I absolutely love the Five Seven, it does not shoot as well as any of my semi-custom 1911 or 2011s, nor is it as accurate. I am certainly not all that great of a shooter, but that has been my experience.

Quality: character with respect to fineness, or grade of excellence. Meaning, he doesn't have any cheap handguns. He has been building 1911s for a couple of years now. He's a decent shot, not as good as me but he has a range in his back yard. He can shoot up to 500 yards so he's more in to rifles than handguns. He goes to Idaho and Montana hunting big game. He killed an elk last year with a bow. It's hanging on the wall in his den now. He's got a walk in gun safe built into the house. Every time he gets a new gun, it's the best he has ever seen. He has a Dokota Arms rifle in .338 Lapua. It cost a few grand.

He married money huhuh.

Edited by Will Carry