Anybody work for Pepsi,or interview with them?

pops572

I have an interview with PBG in Nashville next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me kinda what to expect?

I am really interested in the position and would love to work for a large company with some benefits, I have always worked for small family owned companies and while I had more freedom, I had no benefits and no security. I found that out in January when I got laid off.

So if there are any employees, or people that went thru the interview process, some feedback would be great. Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Be on time, be a little early.

One thing I always thought when I went in for an interview. I always considered an interview a 2 way street of information. I was never afraid to ask a few questions and I believe that shows them your interest.

Just try to plan your questions out well, better then I type.

You don't want you good impression to come out like this.

My last job I interviewed with, 7 years ago, I told the person where I currently worked they had told us we would be laid off in the next 3 months and told us to find other work or get laid off. I said I would rather be working, that I lived 5 minutes from this job and I was looking for a long term career and willing to put in the time and hours it took. Needless to say I did get hired on.

Edited by vontar

What is the position for?

Loader? Route Driver? Merchandiser? Sales?

Each position is a little different for what they are looking for.

If it is for driver or loader, wear boots. Steel toe. Otherwise dress nice, slacks, button down. The boots is a big thing. It shows that you will work, and you know how. Just and old habit I have had.

If it is for sales or merchandising, you will have to sell them on your customer service, why they want you. Why they have to have you.

There are a lot of other positions within a beverage distribution company, and even more if they are a bottler as well.

I have no experience with a bottler, all the other positions, yeah.

For the record, I don't work for PBG, I work for one of their competitors.

I recently interviewed with them for an engineering position. I didn't get the job because I don't want to move (they informed me during the interview that they really want someone who is willing to relocate), but I do remember some of the questions. I don't know if this is only for college recruitment, but in my case, they asked a bunch of questions about specific instances where I: had a disagreement with a team member, had a disagreement with a superior, had to change my approach to a project to succeed, and some of the other bullcrap questions that every interviewer asks. This is a pretty good thing to look at for those types of questions: Interview Questions: Job Interview Questions and Answers

Thanks for the info guys, it is for a sales rep position. This will be my first interview in ~7 years, and my first big formal type ever. All my others consisted of meeting the owner at the location and a casual conversation. So I am a little nervous, especially about the type of questions Kelemvor pointed out.

I forgot to add, when they ask you about your worst quality or whatever, don't blow too much smoke up their ass and say the typical "I just work too hard." Give them something that is a legitimate bad quality (nothing too bad like "I'm addicted to meth and I have $20000 in gambling debt") and explain how you are taking steps to make it better. A good example might be, "I am not as organized as I would like to be. However, I have been using a planner/calendar/etc. recently in an attempt to correct this. It seems to be helping a lot."