Android!!

robin48

I had an upgrade due and I had been hearing all the great reviews of the Android operating sysyem, so while I was at Wally World I picked up a Samsung with the Android system. I have to say I'm impressed. I may have an Iphone for sale soon. I may keep both and swap sim cards. I do know I like this phone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Samsung Epic (Android) here. I've been very happy with it. Don't forget to download "Words with Friends" on your Android phone. You can play against iPhone or Android users. If you like Scrabble that is...

Guest mn32768

I've got a Samsung Acclaim (Android 2.2) and the only thing that aggravates the crap out of me is the ghetto-iPhone-copy "swipe the screen to answer a call". Half the time I end up hanging up or turning on the speaker instead of answering the phone... My wife's HTC Desire has a "push a button" to answer and it's tons better. Try before you buy...

Droid X here. No need for the Iphone. Droid rocks!
My Droid X does it all

I got droid X for wife and I, both rock. Android is great.

Droid X for the win. If you aren't using the Swype keyboard you're missing out. It's the way to go. If you have an iPhone don't bother looking for it. :P

Guest TargetShooter84

Does htc desire have swype text?

I'm due for upgrade and can't decide between htc desire or sanding mesmerize?

Any suggestions?

I've got a Droid X...I've had it for almost 9 months, now. Very happy with it.

Wife got an iPhone 4 from Verizon a couple of days ago. So far she's complained that the screen is smaller, and it doesn't have voice recognition. But it has a much cuter case than my Droid X.

Droid X for the win. If you aren't using the Swype keyboard you're missing out. It's the way to go. If you have an iPhone don't bother looking for it. :P

Swype allows me to text half as fast as my kids. For me that is warp speed.

Droid X here. I got a pretty good deal from a guy who wanted to sell his Verizon Droid X and had it fully flashed for Cricket. My monthy bill is $55.00 FOR UNLIMITED everything! You gotta be careful with that though because many of those phone places can't or don't know how to FULLY flash them. If its not fully flashed you don't get all the features. With mine I can do everything. I used the built in GPS program to get me to Disney World and back last week. Worked great!

As far as swiping goes, can those who use swype tell me how steep the learning curve is? I haven't yet tried that.

Guest Grantonius

Swype can be a little difficult to learn. The first time I used it I was not pleased. Now, it's the only thing I'm proficient with. It's a little aggravating to get the dictionary to your liking, but it learns very quick.