Android!!

robin48

Guest mikedwood

I got the new (refurb replacement) Droid X in and it has a security feature that is driving me nuts that my old one didn't have.

When you place a call and hold it up to your ear the screen goes black and you can't get the screen back on till the other caller hangs up. What the heck?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youall are killin me with this phone stuff. I need to get a new phone, and i'm on information overload. Dont know what to do: Android, Blackberry, I-Phone.....

Way too much technology rush for us old guys. I guess i'll finally get one of the HTC phones if i can find one on sale.

technologically challenged leroy

Guest tnxdshooter
My wife hated my iPhone at first, but came around pretty quick. She couldn't get one, b/c she's got Verizon. So, she got a Motorola Droid X and like it pretty good. She still has to carry an iPod too, b/c she can't figure out how to load music. I offered to show her, but she can't be bothered.

Verizon has iphone 4 now.

Guest tnxdshooter

My phone didnt come with swype but I downloaded it and installed it on the phone. Works great. Again I have the droid incredible on verizon wireless.

Guest tnxdshooter

I also have the seidio 3500MAH extended battery for my droid incredible and the battery lasts all day under heavy use and sometimes a couple days without a charge depending on where I am. Much much more use over the stock battery that is for sure.

I ordered an Otterbox Defender for my Samsung. With the phone in the case the buttons on the bottom don't work right. Anyone else had this problem?

I've got the Otterbox Defender for my Droid X. The buttons at the bottom CAN sometimes be difficult. Plus the icons for those buttons on the phone are filled in with white, but on the Defender they are just black...VERY difficult to see. Was thinking about trying to use a toothpick and whiteout, lol to make them easier to see. Only other downside is I have to change my battery regularly and it a pain to do with the Defender.

Guest tnxdshooter
I've got the Otterbox Defender for my Droid X. The buttons at the bottom CAN sometimes be difficult. Plus the icons for those buttons on the phone are filled in with white, but on the Defender they are just black...VERY difficult to see. Was thinking about trying to use a toothpick and whiteout, lol to make them easier to see. Only other downside is I have to change my battery regularly and it a pain to do with the Defender.

I hear you noone makes at this time a full body hard case for the droid incredible with extended battery.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless using Tapatalk

I am not advanced enough to be playing with this stuff either Adam. I know this HTC is head and shoulders more responsive than the Samsung Captivate was. otterbox for this won't be out until middle of April. That makes me paranoid as I am a phone dropping joker.

otterbox for this won't be out until middle of April. That makes me paranoid as I am a phone dropping joker.

When I got my Droid X, I was waiting for the Otterbox to come out. My phone spent a lot of time sitting in the truck, because I was too nervous to take it with me when I was out doing something.

Heck, even with the Otterbox it spends a lot of time in the truck. It's a good case, but it has it's limits.

Guest Michael.G

i upgraped my casio rock to a droid x friday...WOW! i dont know how i have made it with a simple ,rugged, flip phone. the android system is pretty impressive.

anyone with a new phone wanting an otterbox: check out ebay first. I scored one last night that was an auction not "buy it now". total price was 12.50. couldn't beat that with a stick.

Guest tnxdshooter
I have the Droid 2. No complaints except battery life.

The new Thunderbolt looks nice and is super fast. Thunderbolt

The_Angry_Birds.png

Basically the same phone as the evo 4 g on sprint just rebranded on verizon. Just like the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon is the same phone as the Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile.

Guest tnxdshooter
Anyone have HTC Desire?

It got Swype or not?

If it dont you can install swype on any android device above 2.0 I believe. In fact my droid incredible did not come with swype but I downloaded it and installed it for free off the internet. It works great.

Guest tnxdshooter
Basically the same phone as the evo 4 g on sprint just rebranded on verizon. Just like the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon is the same phone as the Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile.

Of course Verizon is cdma and sprint and t-mobile are TDMA. So there is a difference in technology.