Personal Defense Television

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter
Anyone watch Personal Defense TV? I've been out of pocket for a while n tivo'd a few episodes. I just got around to watching. It seems the older guy Tom has been replaced by the self defense dude. I like the new format better. Is it permanent?

What channel does it come on on? I have charter. I think we used to get it when we had direct tv but I have not been able to find it on charter.

I think here in Oak Ridge, it airs on The Sportsman's Channel. Unfortunately that channel is part of a package you have to pay extra for. What irritates me is the package is all sports channels, like basketball, football, etc., and then this one other channel (Sportsman's) that shows hunting and firearms related content. It's totally unlike the rest of the other channels. It's almost like someone sat down trying to figure out what channels to package up, they saw "Sportsman's Channel" and thought it must be a channel about sports. I don't think they even looked at it.

I've been trying to find these shows online. Anybody know of a link?

Guest peacexxl

It's channel 652 on your digital box if you have Comcast and a digital box. You can also do a search under the new menu if you have it on your box. If you don't have the new guide you will soon.

Guest peacexxl

I do like the new format but they did something that kind of freaked me out. In the episode last week or the week before there was some sort of CQC training they were doing. The guy showed the gun to be safe, empty chamber and all, but then he turned and pointed the muzzle directly at the guy he was working with as part of the ex0ercise. At the end of it, he recommended that you try this exercise at home just make sure you have an inert gun or clear your gun first. That did not sit well with me.

Guest rebeldrummer

Charter does have this. Not sure what channel exactly....it's either 314 outdoor channel or 315 sportsman channel. Good show.

Guest tnxdshooter
Charter does have this. Not sure what channel exactly....it's either 314 outdoor channel or 315 sportsman channel. Good show.

i dont get either of those

In middle TN, if you have Comcast's expanded digital cable, you automatically get the Outdoor Channel (710 - reg & 289 - HD) and the Sportsman Channel (709 - reg only).

The Outdoor Channel has "MidwayUSA's Wednesday Night at the Range" from 6:30 to 9:30 and the Sportsman Channel has "Lock And Load Thursday" from 7:00 to 9:30.

Both have pretty good shows. I watch them every week (even reruns) just to take care of my mid-week gun fix. My favorites are "Personal Defense TV", "Best Defense", and "Handguns".

It's channel 652 on your digital box if you have Comcast and a digital box. You can also do a search under the new menu if you have it on your box. If you don't have the new guide you will soon.

Got the new guide, but not this channel yet. Should be this week.

adamween, did you see the rest of that episode? At one point he transitioned to an ankle holster. When he pulled the strap it fell straight down into his hand, muzzle pointed up. Maybe that is how everyone else carries their ankle rig but I don't think walking around with the barrel pointed at the majority of my body is the way to roll.

Also, he was totally counting on the strap to stay velcroed to keep the pistol secure. Too easy for a stick or something to rip it loose in my opinion.

Guest rebeldrummer

i dont mean to (well kind of) hi jack this thread....but I watched that video and then after there was another that showed in the bg. Proof that concealed carry permit holders live in a dream world...I want to start a discussion about this IN ANOTHER THREAD....I will come back and edit this to add the link (PLEASE LETS DO NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD, COME TO THE NEW ONE!!!)

HERE IS THE LINK....

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/55420-watch-video-lets-discuss.html#post709207

Edited by rebeldrummer
added link