?????s on colt 6520 AR-15

nightrunner

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most parts should be interchangeable. It will accept regular AR accessories such as handguards, free-float tubes, etc... depending on how much you want to do.

The 6520 is an A2... it would be much easier to mount an EoTech on an A3/A4 flat-top upper, but there are mount you could use. Understand that the sight will sit pretty high up, so you won't be able to get a good cheek-weld.

I see alot of 6520s in the $1100-$1500 range on Gunbroker.com and such... it just depends on the condition though, and what it comes with.

is there something different from colt ARs to other ARs? all parts interchangeable?

what is this worth? LNIB

can i add a railed handguard to it?

can i mount a eotech sight to the carrying handle?

thanks for any and all help

colt_6520_car.jpg

What is that Colt worth?

Anywhere from 1100.00 to 1500.00 depending on the condition, and whether you are the buyer or seller.

I normally see these sell in the 1200.00 to 1300.00 range.

Most parts will swap onto a Colt.

You may have some issues when fitting commercial stocks onto a colt/milspec stock tube.

This can be addressed by buying the correct stock, or changing your tube out.

Yes, you can fit a railed handguard or quad-rail as many people call it.

Companies like Midwest Industries actually make a slightly different rail system that is intended for Colts.

Yes, you can fit an EoTech on your carry handle gun.

You can either buy a mount like this:

Show_image.aspx?id=648ea9bc-8844-4466-97c4-3956c8fceb45&s=s

Which will work fine, but it puts the sight too high and far from the bore in my opinion.

or-

You can go with something like this:

Show_image.aspx?id=d2067368-6446-4e3d-b138-2810a86f196b&s=s

Which allows you to mount the EoTech lower and forward of the carry handle, which will put it closer to the bore, and at proper eye level.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

FYI: we deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis, and carry everything you need to transform your black rifle.

What is that Colt worth?

Anywhere from 1100.00 to 1500.00 depending on the condition, and whether you are the buyer or seller.

I normally see these sell in the 1200.00 to 1300.00 range.

Most parts will swap onto a Colt.

You may have some issues when fitting commercial stocks onto a colt/milspec stock tube.

This can be addressed by buying the correct stock, or changing your tube out.

Yes, you can fit a railed handguard or quad-rail as many people call it.

Companies like Midwest Industries actually make a slightly different rail system that is intended for Colts.

Yes, you can fit an EoTech on your carry handle gun.

You can either buy a mount like this:

Show_image.aspx?id=648ea9bc-8844-4466-97c4-3956c8fceb45&s=s

Which will work fine, but it puts the sight too high and far from the bore in my opinion.

or-

You can go with something like this:

Show_image.aspx?id=d2067368-6446-4e3d-b138-2810a86f196b&s=s

Which allows you to mount the EoTech lower and forward of the carry handle, which will put it closer to the bore, and at proper eye level.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

FYI: we deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis, and carry everything you need to transform your black rifle.

basically i want to add a vertical fore-grip, light/laser, railed hand guard, 2-point sling, eotech, possibly with a magnifier, and thats it.

the carrying handle isnt removeable is it?

i am looking at possibly trading for one. a guy wants my HK usp .40 + cash for the colt 6520 w/ scope, sling, tact. light, 15 mags,1krounds of ammo. says it only has 20 rounds shot through it.

btw, herogear do you do installs?

basically i want to add a vertical fore-grip, light/laser, railed hand guard, 2-point sling, eotech, possibly with a magnifier, and thats it.

the carrying handle isnt removeable is it?

i am looking at possibly trading for one. a guy wants my HK usp .40 + cash for the colt 6520 w/ scope, sling, tact. light, 15 mags,1krounds of ammo. says it only has 20 rounds shot through it.

btw, herogear do you do installs?

You can add the rails, vertical grip, lights, sling, EoTech, etc.

What you wont be able to do is add the 3X magnifier with your current setup.

The only way to "remove" that carry handle, is do an A3 upper conversion.

We do these quite often, and it involves pulling your barrel/gas system from the A2 upper, and installing it on a new A3 upper.

We normally charge 150 bucks to do this.

To answer your question: we do all sorts of installs, and ground up builds.

We have the ability to do ANYTHING you need done.

Thought:

You said you were trading a USP + cash for this rifle.

Perhaps you should PM the amount of cash we are talking about.

I have the feeling that I would be able to put you in a brand new M4 style rifle (A3 flat top upper) for about the same price as you are going to pay for a CAR/A2 style rifle that doesnt really fit your needs.